Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Evo VII & new STi power output

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2001, 01:45 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the Japanese manufacturers not letting on when their cars go above 276bhp, does anyone have figures for what power these cars are putting out? They both weigh more than the outgoing models, but Evo did a test this month where they were doing 0-100 in 13.0s, and a couple of people from here have had a drive in the Evo and said it felt quicker than that. Coupled to the Autocar test a while back where they also said the STi felt very quick, and a rumour I've heard that the Evo VII is putting out 340bhp, I'd be interested to find out what the real numbers are! Anyone got some hard information on this?
Old 26 April 2001, 02:47 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I seriously doubt the Evo would be getting factory figues above 290BHP. I know that the standard exhausts on these cars are so restrictive I often feel they do it on purpose to stay within thier gentlemanly agreement.

340 BHP is not possible from standard. With the standard non titanium turbo and a cat exhaust, I think that the manaufacturers quoted figures are pretty accurate.

For the STI, does the MY01 still have 2 cats?

Cem
Old 26 April 2001, 03:03 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

And with a titanium turbo + free flow exhaust ?

I'm considering getting one..
Old 26 April 2001, 04:28 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

David,

My car has the titanium turbo (as does the RS model of the Evo VII) and with a free flow exhaust, I managed nearly 330 BHP. Much better.

I am also seriously considering getting one. If I can get a good price on the Mak, I wouldn't hesitate.

Cem

[This message has been edited by Blow Dog (edited 26 April 2001).]
Old 26 April 2001, 04:29 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

christ, what a muppet

[This message has been edited by Blow Dog (edited 26 April 2001).]
Old 26 April 2001, 04:41 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Wink

Obviously it's up to you, and I don't mean to sound rude, but is the difference between an Evo VI Makinen edition and an Evo VII really big enough to justify the few grand that it'll probably cost to swap cars? If you keep trying to have the "best"/latest hot car, you'll just bleed £££ from your wallet. Why not spend the cash on beer? Even if you buy the Evo VII, in a year or two there'll be another quicker "better" car coming out so really is it worth it!??
Old 26 April 2001, 09:58 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Having recently had the pleasure of test driving one of the first Evo 7's (non tit'turbo) I can say without a doubt that it is the best car I have ever driven.Powerstation dyno'ed it at exactly 280 BHP(so probably 300BHP on PE's rollers)
Old 26 April 2001, 11:08 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Matt,

In my eyes, your idea seems like false economy.
If I keep hold of my Mak too long, then I'll keep loosing money on it, consistently. If I keep changing my cars before too much depreciation then I stand to loose less money.

The way I see it, if I buy an Evo VII now, I stand to hold its exact value until at least the UK market gets its release, which is in September. Even then, I can imagine delivery queues.

Cem

(Oh, and I like having the newest model )