Newbie - collecting blobeye WRX tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2013, 08:00 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie - collecting blobeye WRX tomorrow

Hi All

Just wanted to post as I am ridiculously excited to be collecting my blobeye WRX tomorrow. I nearly bought one about five times over the last 15 years, drove a rally version in Australia, always followed Colin McRae etc - but always went for something more sensible instead. After a bit of a reality check earlier this month I decided to finally do it.

It is completely standard but I will be looking at remapping options from Duncan in time, as well as some in car audio improvements (feel free to add to my thread in the ICE section: https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/9886...ers-found.html )

That is all
Old 31 October 2013, 08:12 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry about ICE at this stage until the novelty of the car has worn off a bit because you will be driving with the window down laughing your **** off at the sound of the burble.

ICE would just be a waste of money.
Old 31 October 2013, 08:27 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

What he said. Enjoy
Old 31 October 2013, 08:58 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't sleep tonight mate, I'm with you on the excitement factor!

I remember the night before I went to pick up my first & only Scoob at the moment & hardly slept a wink & drove up to Scotland on adrenaline alone.

I will never forget the first glimpse as I arrived at the destination & saw the car, that image will remain with me forever.

It has served me well for 2 years in December & the honeymoon period has not ended & as far as I'm concerned never will. I really don't know if I could return to driving a normal car however you define normal.

All the best mate & I hope she is a cracker & ticks all the boxes.

Loads of great info on here & some real life characters.
Old 31 October 2013, 09:15 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

I can't drive without music!!

But the musical burble will definitely keep me amused, I'm picking it up near Huddersfield so am planning a trip up Holme Moss and the Woodhead Pass on saturday, if the family will put up with my driving.

This is the car: https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...nmolested.html
Old 31 October 2013, 10:06 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

I meant Snake Pass, the excitement is getting to me!

I'll be needing some new mats, how are these ones: http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/...WRX_MATS_.html
Old 31 October 2013, 10:25 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Oh the days/nights before collection... Such along long wait, I lost out on an extra month of tax all because I couldn't wait 3 days to pick it up lol

Then I lost 2 days off of work from phoning in sick so I could do things to it and just blast it around a little bit
Old 01 November 2013, 10:23 AM
Oranges
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by callahan
I meant Snake Pass, the excitement is getting to me!

I'll be needing some new mats, how are these ones: http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/...WRX_MATS_.html
You can get genuine Subaru ones for not much more, I'd get the proper ones tbh.
Old 01 November 2013, 09:03 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

From a dealer, or Subaru online?

Got the car, but after spending over 5 hours travelling 180 miles (m11, a1, m1 all terrible) I needed beer far more than a drive. Holme Moss tomorrow though, should be fun. And the car is lovely.
Old 03 November 2013, 06:47 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

Removed, as I didn't put myself across very well. It was just stuff about driving like Miss Daisy, nothing to worry about.

Last edited by callahan; 03 November 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03 November 2013, 06:51 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 496 Likes on 339 Posts

Well, Holme Moss was fun. A red Porsche Targa came up behind me at the start of the climb and, as I was following a friend in his Focus, I waved the Porker past. Then I changed my mind and decided to follow, went flying past my mate and did my best to keep up until the pork driver caught up with an mpv halfway down the other side. The Scooby did a fine job, considering I had my wife and two kids in the car with me!
Best comment came from my 6 year old son. My 9 year old daughter kept saying "it says slow!" at every corner ('slow' is written on the road), my son replied "that doesn't count for us!" Good lad.

Old 03 November 2013, 06:55 PM
harrisard
Scooby Regular

^^^^^shocking^^^^^
Old 03 November 2013, 06:57 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Holme Moss was fun. A red Porsche Targa came up behind me at the start of the climb and, as I was following a friend in his Focus, I waved the Porker past. Then I changed my mind and decided to follow, went flying past my mate and did my best to keep up until the pork driver caught up with an mpv halfway down the other side. The Scooby did a fine job, considering I had my wife and two kids in the car with me!
Best comment came from my 6 year old son. My 9 year old daughter kept saying "it says slow!" at every corner ('slow' is written on the road), my son replied "that doesn't count for us!" Good lad.
And people wonder why subaru drivers are branded tw@ts
Old 03 November 2013, 07:10 PM
brocksta
Scooby Regular

Thats because most subaru drivers are chav's sad but true.
Old 03 November 2013, 07:14 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

ahhh great another bellend that drives like an idiot.

you only have a wrx fella, its only quick in your mind in reality most modern cars will kick its ****.
Old 03 November 2013, 08:23 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Oh dear!!!

I would take a good hard look at yourself, you have 2 kids sitting in the back of your car, and you put them in danger to have a little blast against another car, in a car that you have just bought, and not used to yet?

Think you need to listen to your daughter, It says slow for a reason!!!
Old 03 November 2013, 08:53 PM
rsdub
Scooby Regular

callahan
so 15 years and excited getting your scoob.lets just hope it was the novelty factor that took over on your drive home,drive safe please
Old 03 November 2013, 09:29 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Oh dear.
Old 03 November 2013, 09:40 PM
LDNSTi
Scooby Regular

Old 03 November 2013, 09:41 PM
poolio74
Scooby Regular

And that is why I now drive a diesel, and my wife has the scoob...........What a ****!
Old 03 November 2013, 09:51 PM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

FLAMED!
Old 03 November 2013, 09:52 PM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

That story's not gone well for you! Best keeping silly stuff like that to yourself.
Old 03 November 2013, 10:04 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

Wow, that didn't go as I expected!

Did I mention the speed I was going anywhere in my post?

I could also have mentioned that my daughter was squealing when we accelerated up to about 30mph a little earlier....

My last fun car was a mk1 MX5, so the blobeye does feel pretty quick, but I chose one for the fun of driving, not for the outright speed - I think I would be a typical Audi driver if I did that.

And for the comments about my kids - Holme Moss is one of those roads that is a lot of fun at reasonable speeds, where you don't have to get remotely close to the limits of the car for it to be fun. I am a pretty sensible 43 year old and I can assure you that my wife would have had something to say if I had been putting anyone in danger!

I am looking forward to putting the car on track at some point to push it in a safe environment and possibly meeting some of you one day so you can see that jumping to conclusions can be dangerous....

Chav? I don't even own a baseball cap
Old 03 November 2013, 10:22 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Really??

Sounds like you was ***** waving too me!! "Look I just bought a fast car and kept up with a Porsche" "Considering I had my kids in the car"

Can say what you want, but its in black and white there!!!
Old 03 November 2013, 10:23 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

Oh, and just to clarify, I did slow down for the corners!

I thought my son's comment was funny and typical of a 6 year old, so thought I would share it.

Really quite surprised by the reaction on here, I am a driving enthusiast, but am fully aware of the dangers and always aim to be safe first and foremost. I have done some advanced training in cars and on bikes, on road and track. Perhaps I should have kept it to myself, but isn't this the place to share fun (but safe, obviously) driving stories?
Old 03 November 2013, 10:25 PM
scooblet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Welcome to the real scoobynet.
Old 03 November 2013, 10:26 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Old 03 November 2013, 10:28 PM
EssexJamie
Scooby Regular

I think it was more your not used to the car and having kids in it mate!
But you know your driving skill/limit, but I still wouldn't and don't share 'stories' on the net, keep it for myself.
Just sounds bad mate.
Old 03 November 2013, 10:28 PM
callahan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Really??

Sounds like you was ***** waving too me!! "Look I just bought a fast car and kept up with a Porsche" "Considering I had my kids in the car"

Can say what you want, but its in black and white there!!!
Sorry, we cross-posted. I actually put 'did my best to keep up' and the comment about having my kids in the car was supposed to imply that I almost kept up whilst still driving well within the limits of the car, which I would of course be doing as my kids were in the car!

Anyway, I would delete it now as my meaning has been misconstrued, but it has been quoted so that isn't possible.

Oh, and the comment about driving a diesel - so do I, as my company car, hence getting this for my wife so I can drive it at weekends.
Old 03 November 2013, 10:29 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Wow, that didn't go as I expected!

Did I mention the speed I was going anywhere in my post?

I could also have mentioned that my daughter was squealing when we accelerated up to about 30mph a little earlier....

My last fun car was a mk1 MX5, so the blobeye does feel pretty quick, but I chose one for the fun of driving, not for the outright speed - I think I would be a typical Audi driver if I did that.

And for the comments about my kids - Holme Moss is one of those roads that is a lot of fun at reasonable speeds, where you don't have to get remotely close to the limits of the car for it to be fun. I am a pretty sensible 43 year old and I can assure you that my wife would have had something to say if I had been putting anyone in danger!

I am looking forward to putting the car on track at some point to push it in a safe environment and possibly meeting some of you one day so you can see that jumping to conclusions can be dangerous....

Chav? I don't even own a baseball cap
Pretty much all of us frown upon reckless driving while kids are in the car,

kids don't have any choice but to sit there, you might be the best driver in the world, but mechanical failure does happen and lives can be lost.

If you had removed the words kids, and added the word track, your replys would have been so much different

Quick Reply: Newbie - collecting blobeye WRX tomorrow