Old member returns.

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2013, 01:19 PM
Babyak
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old member returns.

Morning

Well after a few years away playing with BMWs and Hondas its time to get back into a Subaru.

Was wondering if anyone had come across my old car in their travels. It was a red MY98 UK turbo reg S757WNM.

Great car and I regretted selling it. Also had a forester to run about in but unfortunately that lost an argument with a crash barrier.

Cheers

Ash
Old 02 November 2013, 02:56 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Welcome back.
Old 02 November 2013, 11:11 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Welcome back
Old 09 July 2021, 02:33 AM
Fastcar3503
Scooby Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default S757wnm red impreza.........it's mine now, had it a few years now

Originally Posted by Babyak
Morning

Well after a few years away playing with BMWs and Hondas its time to get back into a Subaru.

Was wondering if anyone had come across my old car in their travels. It was a red MY98 UK turbo reg S757WNM.

Great car and I regretted selling it. Also had a forester to run about in but unfortunately that lost an argument with a crash barrier.

Cheers

Ash
had the scooby a few years now, been off the road since my daughter came along, head gasket went on it few months after I bought it, did a rebuild on the too end, new turbo, 4 branch haywood and Scott race manifold, injectors upgraded to 440 sonic flowed, rb5 lsd rear diff, lsd front diff, cobra turbo back race exhaust heat wrapped, large race rad, front mount intercooler, ecu remap to 353 bhp, bodywork taken back to base all rust cut out and arches replaced, now repainted satin black, sorn at the moment, dry weather driving only lol as ratios now 50/50 front to rear 😊....

The following 3 users liked this post by Fastcar3503:
Old 09 July 2021, 06:37 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastcar3503
had the scooby a few years now, been off the road since my daughter came along, head gasket went on it few months after I bought it, did a rebuild on the too end, new turbo, 4 branch haywood and Scott race manifold, injectors upgraded to 440 sonic flowed, rb5 lsd rear diff, lsd front diff, cobra turbo back race exhaust heat wrapped, large race rad, front mount intercooler, ecu remap to 353 bhp, bodywork taken back to base all rust cut out and arches replaced, now repainted satin black, sorn at the moment, dry weather driving only lol as ratios now 50/50 front to rear 😊....
welcome mate 👍 good on you for keeping the old girl going ✊
Old 09 July 2021, 09:29 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 449 Likes on 373 Posts

Welcome mate. Any pictures on how it stands now.
Old 09 July 2021, 10:43 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 258 Likes on 224 Posts

Get some pictures up if you get chance.

Originally Posted by Fastcar3503
Old 21 January 2022, 02:50 AM
Fastcar3503
Scooby Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default S757wnm red scooby...a Previous owner - johno01

Hey Johno01, Re: your old scooby - the one I currently have.....what work if any did you have done on the old girl? Me and my brother rebuilt the top end not long after I bought her, when we stripped the heads taking out the cams and hydraulic buckets we found they all had shims in there and after hunting for auto data specs for the correct thicknesses of each shim eventually got info online from a tuning firm in the US...and had to have them all ground down to the specific dimensions given as they were well different....completed the top end rebuild, with the additional little extras and she run a treat! An animal of a treat lol...then the obvious happened and one head gasket failed (turbo side - fuel/water) conclusion for failure was failed rad cap, lost vacuum and didn't draw water...now recently I've had a bit of time free to strip the inlet manifold and get that fresh ready to go, injectors are ready to be sent off for clean and service, heads are coming off again shortly and will be getting crack and flow tested again, reason I ask question about what work you may have done is because showing another mechanic some pictures of the previous strip down he pointed out in one picture the shape of the piston face.....square centre recessed....he said they look like low compression pistons...that's not standard....so that now gives me the thought that the bottom end has possibly been played with...he also pointed out on the fresh looking inlet manifold that its had work done on it, as the internal surfaces are all smooth and been highly polished or possibly gas flowed? If you could get in contact with any info just out of curiosity would be great to hear....I'll get some images up soon, of how it looks and what I've done.
regards Callum.
Old 21 January 2022, 03:15 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

I think it’s meant for @Babyak

👍
Old 21 January 2022, 08:19 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 647 Likes on 473 Posts

It's always good to see a car still lives in a thread revival.
Old 21 January 2022, 11:18 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 160 Likes on 135 Posts

Yeah agreed Hedge and looks like a lot of love has been put into it as well, nice work

Pics are definitely needed or a project thread would be even better