ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

finally got a scooby

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2013, 05:06 PM
sean999
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got a scooby

well I have just taken delivery this morning of my Subaru. 99t plate uk turbo. its red in colour and as standard as the day it left the factory. its got 107k on the clock and stacks of service history, all previous mots, bills receipts etc.
I have purchased it locally from a woman who I know, shes the 3rd owner.
I had initially set my mind on a white sti v3, however with my max budget of £2500 finding one was proving to be a bit of a task. another thing of concern was that the majority if not all are at the other end of the country, I've been there and done that so many times with other cars, either nothing like as described and wasted time and money going to view, which would eat away at the budget. I also considered the prospect of there being some minor jobs to do so would need to keep a bit back to cover them.
this brings me on to my car, its cost nothing to get it as it was 5 minutes walk from mine and having viewed it im aware of some paint/ bodywork that wants doing. for the price I have got it for, im still in budget having allowed for paint/bodywork leaving me some left over for an exhaust to replace the twin pea shooter that's on at the moment.
wont be putting it on the road for a few months so I can take my time with it.

one thing I have noticed and hopefully will be answered is the rear screen, not sue if the seal has gone. there's a bit of damp in the boot on the nearside. I've had the liner out and checked around the light cluster and there's no sign of any water ingress there. there is however water collecting at the bottom corners of the window where it meets the boot opening/weather strip. looking from the inside there are signs of water dripping in from below this area on the nearside. I cant see anything obvious and wondered if the rear window seal may have gone. anyone else experience a similar leak? i'm keen to resolve this and catch it before it causes any damage.

thanks

Last edited by sean999; 22 December 2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 22 December 2013, 05:43 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

does it have the high rear spoiler fitted? you can get leaks from the bolt holes for the spoiler. best cure if it is this is some silicone around the bolt holes.
Old 22 December 2013, 06:33 PM
sean999
Scooby Regular

hi. its got the standard mid level spoiler on, not the big version 6 type
Old 22 December 2013, 06:37 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

if its been removed before you can get leaks from the holes.
Old 22 December 2013, 08:48 PM
sean999
Scooby Regular

right ok, fair one, i'll have a look when the weather gets better too cold and wet at the moment. i'll soak the water up from where it collects below the corner of the window and see if these any perforations in the paint . I've also thought possibly boot seal? the water marks in the boot show it coming down the suspension turret, which seems to be directly below where its collecting.