Help me find this part

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2014, 08:51 AM
jay-sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find this part

Hi guys

After some help finding the following part in the UK , I can find them all over the world but not in the uk , wanting a quicker delivery with no imports etc if poss

It's a replacement case for my viper 480xv pager remote

The code is 489v but all these viper blue pager remotes fit

Photo below

Thanks
Old 16 February 2014, 10:00 AM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

If u get express delivery outside uk any country all over the world it wont take more then 4-5 working days to come to your door parcel that size,not much longer then uk parcel.I bought lot things last month from Taiwan,States etc the longest delivery i was waiting was 6 days.But i u choose economy delivery will take forever.
Old 16 February 2014, 10:11 AM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Puresounds of bristol sell the complete remote £59.99.
Old 16 February 2014, 11:22 AM
jay-sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by palma0778
If u get express delivery outside uk any country all over the world it wont take more then 4-5 working days to come to your door parcel that size,not much longer then uk parcel.I bought lot things last month from Taiwan,States etc the longest delivery i was waiting was 6 days.But i u choose economy delivery will take forever.
Problem is that most are in the USA , I've been stung with massive import charges the last couple of things I've ordered , there seems to be no logic in there working out , last order of poorboys valeting stuff was worth around £30 , was charged £22 import , that's a huge percentage , then on a triumph barrel I ordered for a close friend , worth in excess of £1200 I got charged nothing , not a penny , really don't get it tbh

Originally Posted by johned
Puresounds of bristol sell the complete remote £59.99.
I'm after just the case , all the workings inside are fine , and the cases are about £10 so much cheaper option

Thanks though
Old 16 February 2014, 12:36 PM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Don't you only get charged duty if the item costs more than £15? That's what I always thought.
Old 16 February 2014, 02:19 PM
jay-sti
Scooby Regular

Not sure about that mate , it seems hit and miss to me , and random amounts too , maybe somebody else could shed some light on it , maybe there's different % for different categories or maybe it's on weight ? Not sure really how it works
Old 16 February 2014, 02:59 PM
palma0778
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jay-sti
Problem is that most are in the USA , I've been stung with massive import charges the last couple of things I've ordered , there seems to be no logic in there working out , last order of poorboys valeting stuff was worth around £30 , was charged £22 import , that's a huge percentage , then on a triumph barrel I ordered for a close friend , worth in excess of £1200 I got charged nothing , not a penny , really don't get it tbh

I'm after just the case , all the workings inside are fine , and the cases are about £10 so much cheaper option

Thanks though
As u saying just recive perrin alternator cover+carbon bonnet dampers from States cost me over 100£ didnt pay a penny import charges.
Old 04 April 2014, 02:45 PM
chet123
Scooby Regular

yeah whats the story with import duty/tax?

I understood it to be a point on value for when duty gets added?
I read companies in the USA shipping around the world would lower the customs value of the item to help save as much as possible (or more like avoid the customer paying duty to customs on the item arriving into UK).

Anyone care to share there experiences
ta