Hawkeye Front Bumber Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2014, 02:57 PM
smiffywhu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye Front Bumber Ideas

Hi guys,

I'm new so sorry if I sound a bit of a "DIV" !!

I've only had my new scooby half a year (STI 07) and I've already smashed my front bumper up on a pot hole in a stoney car park.I'm on adjustable BC coilovers (squeaky and well too firm for my liking) but it's not very low, other than that it's completely standard and I was also hoping to get some small performance gains with a budget of £1k max too.Any idea's for a new front bumper,coilovers (I've heard BC's are poor) and the slight performance upgrades?It seems slower than my old 2000 with PPP.All replies appreciated.

Cheers

Dale

Last edited by smiffywhu; 20 February 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 20 February 2014, 04:40 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smiffywhu
Hi guys,

I'm new so sorry if I sound a bit of a "DIV" !!

I've only had my new scooby half a year (STI 07) and I've already smashed my front bumper up on a pot hole in a stoney car park.I'm on adjustable BC coilovers (squeaky and well too firm for my liking) but it's not very low, other than that it's completely standard and I was also hoping to get some small performance gains with a budget of £1k max too.Any idea's for a new front bumper,coilovers (I've heard BC's are poor) and the slight performance upgrades?It seems slower than my old 2000 with PPP.All replies appreciated.

Cheers

Dale
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ease-help.html
Old 20 February 2014, 07:05 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Have you tried adjusting the damping on your coil overs? It took me a while to find a setting I was happy with on mine.
Old 20 February 2014, 07:37 PM
smiffywhu
Scooby Regular

Hi Neil,No I haven't tried adjusting anything yet but I'm looking forward to adjusting both the firmness and ride height ASAP.Thanks for your help, I've been "googling" damping coilovers for ages.It's not as easy to learn off sites but at least I feel like I'm not wasting everyones time talking about Basic stuff.
Old 22 February 2014, 05:23 AM
mrjelly
Scooby Regular

You can get a bumper off scoobynet quite easily in the full cars breaking section or maybe off ebay if you look.
Mattybr5 gets lots of cars in to break. Look to top of site and select marketplace then either trader or member and goto full cars breaking section. you will see a number of cars for bits. Ask uk300 if he still has front bumper
https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-...good-spec.html

If your car is blue, then its paint code 2c. Any hawk bumper would do and the wrx bumper actually looks not too bad on an sti. If you have a lower lip splitter and that is the bit that is damaged just replace the lip with an aftermarket splitter - if no lip put one on - it looks much better, get one off HT Autos on ebay....

I have only taken off bumper off a classic but reckon a hawk would be similar. Its easy enough, you need to take off headlights and grills and take out waste pipe from catch can and the battery and unbolt from the brace bar and everywhere else. If you do this though you can probably just fill up the hole on yer bumper with filler and repaint but note this can get quiet expensive for paint and primer. you can always take it to a local bodyshop.

bcs - to adjust dampening there should be a little black dial on top mounts (in centre) inside yer engine bay !, turn it all the way anti-clockwise then turn each front 8 clicks to the right. Do the same to the rears - if you do not have extenders you will have to take out the rear seat -easy, just unbolt the bolts from the footwell, I think they are 12mm, maybe 14mm and push back and up to release the hook clip at back of underside of seat. Turn each rear to the right 6 times. This will give you what is supposed to be standard sti ride - in my opinion far too soft and wallowy - but each to their own.

the mods - seems like a change to downpipe is not totally necessary for a stage 1 increase on sti, equivalent to ppp, although I would recommend it, but as Ive already said you can get a cheap enought exhaust system from someone off here. So change to a good filter, a walbro fuel pump (easyish - again have to take out rear seat) and get the remap.
A good clean filter alone will allow your car to breath better and be a little more responsive - for like £36

Hope this helps

cheers
Ken

Last edited by mrjelly; 22 February 2014 at 07:19 AM.