Notices

Victimised ??????

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 11:13 AM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victimised ??????

Came out of my street this morning ,8am, just as a Traffic Volvo goes by.....checks the mirror ,yep he's slammed on the anchors & is in the process of a 3 point turn aroond.
Follows me down thro Livi ,3 miles approx. on go the Christmas lights, i pull in, jump out , meet the Ferret at the back of my car:

Ferret - Good morning Sir (Sarki as F*ck)
Me- I ,whit is it?
Ferret-We would just like to check you're vehicle over SIR(still with Sarki tone)
Me-Why me?
Ferret-Because you are the 1st one of these we've seen today(!!!!)
He proceeds to have a shifty round the car.At this point Ferret Bint gets out the Vulvo (she would have got IT bye the way).
Ferret Bint-Our records show this vehicle has no Road Tax.(smart *** tone)
Me-Your records musn't be up to date ,I've not long purchased car and the log book just came thro the door last Friday and I ve got Tax as you can see(pointing at windscreen).
Ferret-Where you going?where have you come from?(he's followed me from the end of street(cul de sac) etc etc....

At this point he peers into my car giving my 2 yr old Daughter, who is strapped in the back seat, a scare, she's whailing like a banshee.
Me - Taking my kid to Nursery ,...can I go now?
Ferret- Yes be on youre way Sir , we will run a full report on this vehicle(??)

I head off , drop my daughter off , head home.....yip you'v got it they are tucked in to bus stop just before my road end!!!They don't even wait till I am up the road a bit before moving a way as i see them going ,making it obvious they were waiting for me....probably had the s/gun trained waiting on me.
C*nts

Just off to work the noo ,wonder if they've still a bee in their bonnet about nabbin me ??
Old 12 April 2004, 11:33 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

C.Jay.K you must have made them jealous after all they have goto drive a brick on wheels wile you get to drive a scooby lol maybe there pi$$ed that in Perth some traffice cars are scoobys maybe just checking it out lol.

I am in Livvy too and lucky if i have seen a traffic car anywhere near me come to think of it i HAVE been banned so would come up on a vehicle check if they were following me and STILL have not been stopped maybe should not speak too soon .

Pongo555
Old 12 April 2004, 11:48 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

If they are doing this, then thats poor play in my book. Its the small incidents like this that cause unnecessary aggro all round. I wouldnt be paranoid about it though - they just need to get another lethal speeder off the streets whilst the crooks in burglaring your house.

Did you see the paper yesterday about the Police chief who wants to treat speeders like murderers. His force has the lowest success rate of theft/burglary btw.
Old 12 April 2004, 08:03 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Havent had any problems so far (much to my amazement, and touching wood as I type) from police since I bought the Scoob, dunno maybe Paul scared em all with it once .
I hate hearing of this sort o stuff cause as said all it does is cause agro between motorists and police needlessly, we hate em anyways whats the point in rubbing our noses innit LOL . I spose we just have to look at it from there point of view, there just doing there/a job, I dont "think" its personal.
Spooks
Old 12 April 2004, 08:15 PM
Carl Davey
Scooby Regular

That's bad luck and undoubtedly a little annoying but at the end of the day if you have nothing to worry about why let it bother you? Yes it's hassle and without doubt undue stress (especially to your daughter ) but at the end of the day it's life. Rise above it, be polite and courteous and they have no reason to be suspicious.

Remember, you have the Scooby.

For the record i have never once been stopped either. Strange as i don't look overly old for 22 and the car is hardly inconspicuous...
Old 12 April 2004, 08:21 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Carl Davey
For the record i have never once been stopped either. Strange as i don't look overly old for 22 and the car is hardly inconspicuous...
Me neither with me scoob & the old RS fukis & i dont look (i think) an old 24

**** 'em 'all they were all bullied at school haha

Rise above it m8 or even next time you see them hit the back of them with your BIG german machine !!!!! (yer MAN truck)

HAHA

Sti-04!!
Old 12 April 2004, 09:31 PM
evojkp
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate, sounds like the pair that stopped me a couple of months back....same M.O. I know what your are saying about the bint. I kept think about black hold-ups all the time she was talking. Come to think of it, I think I got a bit of a lazy lob-on..

Their opening statement to me was 'You were tramping on a bit there sir !!'

Bare in mind this was at 05:50hrs on a Sunday morning along the mad mile, out of Whitburn.

Traffic Cops....worth every penny of our hard earned and legally stolen cash (ie..Tax)
Old 12 April 2004, 09:49 PM
C. Jay. k.
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys , I like most of us on here would not mind maybe road side checks etc( thought the DVLA had this on record and could tie regi docs up with untaxed , off road etc,etc without the police physically stopping a car ???? )
The thing that pissed me off was they clocked me and turned around to stop me when i was not doing anything wrong i.e. obviously speeding are driving recklessly etc (I am 37 , and certainly don't look like a boy racer or whatever they just seen a nice car(well I think so anyways) and thought here's an opportunity for a bit of sport!
Its bad enough being followed /gettin car sized up whilst in the drive( post a couple of weeks ago) by thiev'in Scum without the Guys that are supposed to be catching the thievin' Scum given ye Jipp as well.

Colin
Old 12 April 2004, 10:00 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Sounds like their attitude was not a good one but being stopped, as long as it does not happen too frequently, may indicte a positive thing, ie they are aware that cars like this are targeted by thieves and checking out the driver when they don't recognise him/her as the owner of the car, is better than your car being stolen and passing a police car which ignores it and lets it go on it's merry way.
I've yet to be stopped in my scoob but was stopped a few times way back in my MkII RS - probably when it was myself plus a pile of guys that roused suspicion.
If their attitude stinks then maybe think about complaining about that aspect ?
Old 12 April 2004, 11:17 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

My tottie front number plate really pi**es them right off It pi**es them even more when i tell them i deliberatly done it to get pulled They dont know what to do

Cheers Grant
Old 13 April 2004, 01:09 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

My tottie front number plate really pi**es them right off It pi**es them even more when i tell them i deliberatly done it to get pulled They dont know what to do
What a stunning idea
Old 13 April 2004, 01:13 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They dont know what to do
yeah, really helpful I'd give you a £20 fine everytime and see how long it takes you to put a std one back on

Personally, I wouldn't let getting pulled every bother me. If they want to be @rseholes, then I'd say let them. you'll always meet one in every walk of life, so don't let them wind you up.

Stefan
Old 13 April 2004, 08:13 PM
sti-spec-a
Scooby Regular

The reason ive not put it back to standard is 2 fold
1 When the plod pull me Maybe it wont be me driving
2 Ive been pulled numerous times by both plod and traffic ZERO £20 tickets and 2 "21 days to fix it"
The car has had a tottie front plate for 18 months bought it from the MINI centre next to Hyndland Honda £10 very reasonable
I also keep the standard plate in the back and the fact that the car is stripped out with buckets and rollcage,that generally deflects the attn away from the front number plate

Cheers Grant
Old 13 April 2004, 08:20 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

£30 last time and the threat of loosing my private plate. They took an hour and a hlf to find my house and give me the nice fine on my doorstep!!

Only need to give 'em an excuse and I bet they pull a light meter out their traffic car!!!
Old 13 April 2004, 08:29 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Dougster
Only need to give 'em an excuse and I bet they pull a light meter out their traffic car!!!
very true m8 & after getting my windows done (only 50%), i dont want to risk spending more £££ getting them removed if you know what i am saying !>!!>!

Stephen
Old 13 April 2004, 08:46 PM
HI SOOB
Scooby Regular

So what you are all saying is that I should bin my applicaton for the police or end up with no mates on the Scoobynet??????
........and loose the tiny plate and the tints on my scooby
No one on hear has anything good to say about the filth..oops..I mean police

P.s This small enough??

HI SOOB

Last edited by HI SOOB; 13 April 2004 at 10:48 PM.
Old 13 April 2004, 11:18 PM
pmacFTO
Scooby Regular

I had a Red FTO for 2 years and never got so much as looked at....and then when I bought the very jap style FTO I have now (CF Bonnet, white car, massive GT Wing) I thought it would be a nightmare...but still since getting it on xmas eve I have only been followed once in Livi by traffic police....hardly get a look most times...maybe I look old/sensible lol (only 33!)

Mind u...I do tend to try and keep the zorst noise down (difficult!) if I see a cop car!! Dunno if it's possible with a scoob Even idle they burble in that lovely way....can't wait to hear/see that Balloch meet with 47+ of you "burbling" lol