View Single Post
Old 02 July 2011, 02:09 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
I'd put myself in the third option. I can see it from the teacher's point of view, it's moving the goal posts by the Government whilst making sure their own ***** are well and truly covered. Makes a mockery of the mantra 'we're all in it together'. I can also see that savings have to be made following the profligacy of the previous administration. I think there should be some give and take from both sides.
The further one tracks the argument back, the more complex it becomes. One could blame Alan Greenspan and if one blames AG one could blame Ayn Rand or the early (absolute) free market economists and thinkers or China for devaluing their currency and so on. I don't like the idea that people (particularly those in the private sector) want teachers to lose out because they're struggling, too; seems to me to be a poor position to hold. I think the whole event is riddled with unfairness and affected by that are the leadership having to make difficult decisions, the people on the recieving end, the pupils, the profession, the taxpayer, hodgy - the whole country. I think it's very much worth looking at the root cause, arguably external, before we start falling out amongst ourselves. Ultimately, there will be no right or wrong resolution, just one that inflicts the least pain upon all concerned. Shame Mark Serwotka's involved - he riminds of the Union leaders I dealt with when I was a sales and customer service manager at The Royal Mail; concerned predominantly, in my judgement, with their ego rather than the organisation, its members and the country.