JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening, Asif.

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
I have read 1984
Jolly good.....

The Cold War is an excellent example of where no one country dominated the rest of the World and to be honest, I felt a lot safer back then!
.....although I believe Orwell wrote it as a warning, not a blueprint. Perpetual war between two superpowers (of equal military might but opposing ideologies) as an antidote to hegemony? You felt safer? War is Peace!

However I am not sure of the meaning of the judgement you have jumped to? Why would anyone want the domination of one country over the rest of the World, hmm...sounds familiar...somewhere in history methinks.
Godwin's Law by implication.

And why would my position collapse??
Keep reading.

As regards to your friend, I am insulted that you would even insinuate that I am anything like him, please don't do that again. At least I answer questions put me.
I shall speak as find, Asif. You are as rude to Tony as he has been to you.

Also, I didn't ask you your opinion of me.
Again, I do not require your mandate to offer an opinion, Sir.

As for supporting Israel because they are allies, well so is Saudi Arabia...
Strategically, it not only straddles Africa and the Middle East but it is also an important neighbour of two of the major problem countries in the region - Iraq and Iran. Saudi Arabia's importance to the oil market, with one quarter of the world's oil reserves, speaks for itself. It is also a crucial market for British defence companies. So, whilst the ideological polarity smarts, a little realpolitik has been employed to good effect.

....home of Bin Laden and Wahhabism.
Birthplace of Bin Laden, not "home", Bin Laden despises the Johnny Walker swigging frauds that are the House of Saud for the reasons outlined above and for their collusion with 'The Great Beast'. Additionally, Bin Laden does not adhere to the teachings of Ibn Abd-al-Wahhab but to that of Sayyid Qutb (Qutbism.)

In case you didn't know Wahhabism is the most evil form of Islamism there is.
Wahhab did not teach Islamism. That the Neocons touted it as such and that you bought it is beautifully ironic.

I am confused.
Indeed.

Last edited by JTaylor; 14 January 2011 at 09:21 PM.