Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Its official..... I am now an addict!

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2008, 10:56 AM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its official..... I am now an addict!

People.... It's finally happened. I've discovered what was lacking in my life..... My scooby!

Pics obviously going up (as soon as I work out how) and personalisation and customisation already in progress....

Needless to say, I shall start this wonderful journey by saying.... nope... I have more than enough power and no engine mods required (YET).... I'm sure that'll change soon enough....

A couple of quick questions if I may....

1-I've found a key pad hidden away in the car.... Is this a standard Subaru thing? (MY03 STi Blob)

2-Whilst driving the car home, engine light turned on. Stopped at a service station, engine off, bonnet up etc.... nothing unusual.... hmmmmm... Engine back on, light had gone. I've found a mention of ECU error codes etc (JollyGreenGiant website consulted) but for the life of me can't find these damn black and green wires.... Am i missing something? Can somebody enlighten me as to how I can check why the engine light flashed up?

3-The original owner stated PPP was fitted and showed me a blue and white card with Prodrive written all over it. Now before purchasing, I checked with Subaru CS who had no 'official' record of this vehicle ever having the kit fitted. Needless to say, purchase went ahead with the assumption that PPP was not fitted. Is there any way I can check/verify this further? I'm hoping I can take it to an Indy who can look it over and say A, B, and C are fitted, I should do D and car will be nicely (and safely) tuned..... Incidentally, anyone recommend any good Subaru Indy's around West London.... Am willing to travel upto 2 hours in any direction for exceptional service and quality workmanship.....

Errrrrmmmm..... what else was there.... Can't think.... Car key is becoming painful in my pocket..... must let it out..... aaaaaaargh.....

Last edited by Luther; 29 May 2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling.... doh
Old 29 May 2008, 11:51 AM
Terry Butcher
Scooby Regular

lol

Key pad is for your alarm if it is down by steering wheel on right side. You should have a code for that and the booklet that goes with it. PPP includes the exhaust which is easy enough to check. Was there a receipt? Probs easiest way to tell will be a rolling road but I am no expert there. There are a couple of other things that are changed at the same time so you should be able to see those.

Have fun mate, I really enjoy driving mine and it is only a bog standard wrx, tried a ppp but it was too noisy and hard springed for me, but great performance, you lucky bugber!!
Old 29 May 2008, 12:14 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Cheers Terry.... aforementioned documentation found and scrutinised.... Even found the original PIN number stickers... whoo hoo....

Had a look all round and have found a prodrive zorst and gold brembo brakes.... The (PPP) mystery deepens.... hmmmm....
Old 29 May 2008, 12:24 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

addiction is good
Old 29 May 2008, 04:23 PM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

Ok Luther here's what you need to look for to check if your blob has PPP.

Prodrive backbox. Round 4inch ish tailpipe, inward rolled lip with mesh insert and prodrive stamp.

Uprated intercooler hose. Should be able to see this underneath the intercooler. It's red as far as I can remember.

Other than that it's a cat change (which you'll struggle to spot), fuel pump and a re-map. The gold brembos are standard on the STI.

Wouldn't worry about it too much as you'll be wanting more power soon enough
Old 29 May 2008, 04:40 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madisonmonkey
Uprated intercooler hose. Should be able to see this underneath the intercooler. It's red as far as I can remember.
jackies is blue with prodrive writing

local independant tuner and scooby grease monkey
is fiestaboy on scoobynet
or i have his number if you dont hear back from pm

budgie
Old 30 May 2008, 10:36 AM
Terry Butcher
Scooby Regular

You might also have 18" wheels as they are recommended too as I remember
Old 30 May 2008, 11:00 AM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys.... It's finally stopped raining so I'm heading out to pop the bonnet..... standby.....
Old 30 May 2008, 11:15 AM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Right... I have the Prodrive zorst (exactly as described)... red wrapped hose sticking out under the IC.... 17" alloys.... and errrr.... a lack of cat (as far as I can tell)......

Me thinks I might call back Subaru CS and get a second opinion... this bit 'o card looks pretty official what with all the Prodrive stamps on it....
Old 30 May 2008, 11:17 AM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Pete... Cheers... I'll PM him now.... I was told to get a complete fluid/filter change by the RAC examiner so hopefully fiestaboy can help me out.....