Sport General sport discussion

Boring Boring Chelsea

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2005, 09:35 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boring Boring Chelsea

What was Mourinho saying in his press conference, I think something like Chelsea are the better team

Old 28 September 2005, 10:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Did either team know what to do with the ball in front of goal?

Alcazar
Old 29 September 2005, 10:26 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Ok my take on the game last night.

Liverpool - Too many misplaced passes or poor control. Garcia in particular. The ball up to Crouch is just what Chelski would want to play against. For that style to work you have to have players running off him and him have the ability to feed those players in. The other option is to get the ball wide and deliver crosses into the box. That wasn't going to happen witht he wide players Liverpool had. Gerrard couldn't get into the game in the middle due to Chelski not allowing him to. He made some good bursts forward but there was no pass to pick him out. When he did get a chance to pick the ball up and drive forward his only option was a shot from distance. He really misses a striker who plays off the last man so he can slot him in.

Chelski - Boring to watch as they are so rigid in their formation. There was very little movement from any of the Chelski players. The wide men stick to the touchline in an effort to stretch the midfield but Liverpool didn’t allow the centre midfield players any time to get the ball out there. The only time it did was from a Liverpool mistake. Makelele just sits in front of the back four never going ahead of Lampard. The two full backs just defend. They never get forward to support the wingers or even make a run beyond them. They showed a real lack of ambition last night.

I wont comment on Drogba other than to say I hate the cheating, moan, diving kunt!! He is all that is wrong with modern football.

The one offside in the game showed how deep both teams defended and the lack of ambition to get behind the other team.

Liverpool should have had 2 certain penalties. Drogba clearly took Hypia down with a wild kick. The Gallas hand ball was arm to ball as you clearly see him move his arm towards the ball straightening it as he does. Even if he didn’t then his arm should not have been up there holding the shirt of the other player anyway.
Old 29 September 2005, 10:39 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

So, let me get this straight, a team who has scored more goals in the Premiership and conceded the least, and won the premiership last season and broke all records is boring???? long may it continue
Old 29 September 2005, 10:41 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Liverpool should have had 2 certain penalties. Drogba clearly took Hypia down with a wild kick. The Gallas hand ball was arm to ball as you clearly see him move his arm towards the ball straightening it as he does. Even if he didn’t then his arm should not have been up there holding the shirt of the other player anyway.
You should of gone to Specsavers
Old 29 September 2005, 10:44 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Liverpool - Too many misplaced passes or poor control. Garcia in particular. The ball up to Crouch is just what Chelski would want to play against. For that style to work you have to have players running off him and him have the ability to feed those players in. The other option is to get the ball wide and deliver crosses into the box. That wasn't going to happen witht he wide players Liverpool had. Gerrard couldn't get into the game in the middle due to Chelski not allowing him to. He made some good bursts forward but there was no pass to pick him out. When he did get a chance to pick the ball up and drive forward his only option was a shot from distance. He really misses a striker who plays off the last man so he can slot him in.

Chelski - Boring to watch as they are so rigid in their formation. There was very little movement from any of the Chelski players. The wide men stick to the touchline in an effort to stretch the midfield but Liverpool didn’t allow the centre midfield players any time to get the ball out there. The only time it did was from a Liverpool mistake. Makelele just sits in front of the back four never going ahead of Lampard. The two full backs just defend. They never get forward to support the wingers or even make a run beyond them. They showed a real lack of ambition last night.

I wont comment on Drogba other than to say I hate the cheating, moan, diving kunt!! He is all that is wrong with modern football.

The one offside in the game showed how deep both teams defended and the lack of ambition to get behind the other team.

Couldnt have put any of that better myself! That was my take on the game also. Spot on.
Old 29 September 2005, 11:13 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Andy Gray obviously can't stand him either. Every chance he had (and there were plenty!) to have a dig at him during the commentary, he did
Old 29 September 2005, 11:15 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz34
Andy Gray obviously can't stand him either. Every chance he had (and there were plenty!) to have a dig at him during the commentary, he did

I had to laugh! What did he call him...... ?? can't think..
Old 29 September 2005, 11:19 AM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

I think you're spot on mate. But you should mention that Moaninho is the biggest, peasent, grease ball kunt to ever disgrace the game of football.
Old 29 September 2005, 11:24 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

drogba has the control of a rapist, 20+ million?? what a joke
Old 29 September 2005, 11:28 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AC-scoobie
I think you're spot on mate. But you should mention that Moaninho is the biggest, peasent, grease ball kunt to ever disgrace the game of football.
he knew his team where poor last night and tried to cover it up by deflecting it onto liverpool and saying they went for the win with 2 up front
Old 29 September 2005, 11:47 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
drogba has the control of a rapist

Expert are we?
Old 29 September 2005, 11:47 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AC-scoobie

Old 29 September 2005, 11:49 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daz34
If he had plenty of chances, why were Chelsea boring?
Old 29 September 2005, 12:09 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I wouldn't say Chelski were boring, just outplayed, outclassed and had 12 players on the pitch
Old 29 September 2005, 12:09 PM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

I think he meant Andy Gray had plenty of chances to criticise Drogba.

What's your take on the game pauld37?

Ideally we should be winning our home games, but we should both still qualify easily.
Old 29 September 2005, 12:20 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mmmiddy
but we should both still qualify easily.
i went to real betis 2 weeks ago and even though liverpool beat them i still think betis will qualify as they are a good team. liverpool or chelsea will not qualify! who will it be?
Old 29 September 2005, 12:23 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mmmiddy
I think he meant Andy Gray had plenty of chances to criticise Drogba.

What's your take on the game pauld37?

Ideally we should be winning our home games, but we should both still qualify easily.
Both teams cancelled each other out, though to call Chelsea boring is rather odd, considering Liverpool won the Champions League on the back of being good defensively, i.e. the Juventus away game, and were congratulated on the way they defended. Chelsea, now being very strong defensively, are being labled as boring. I assume Man USA. fans are chuffed to bits they got to see 3 goals scored at Old Trafford on Saturday.

They should both qualify, but we thought that before the games kicked off
Old 29 September 2005, 12:24 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
and had 12 players on the pitch

Original
Old 29 September 2005, 12:28 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by pauld37
Original
I know, getting boring now isn't it If you can't see that they were 2 blatent penalties you're more blind that the ref.
Old 29 September 2005, 12:32 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
I know, getting boring now isn't it If you can't see that they were 2 blatent penalties you're more blind that the ref.

Just off to feed me guide dog
Old 29 September 2005, 01:11 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

So, let me get this straight, a team who has scored more goals in the Premiership and conceded the least, and won the premiership last season and broke all records is boring???? long may it continue
afraid so Pauld37. When George Grahams team won the title in 1991 losing only one game, also breaking records they were very boring to watch as well. I loved it, cos winning is winning, but you've got to admit that the blue scum are dreadfully dull to watch. With the money/players available you'd think they would try to attak a bit more??

Ted
Old 29 September 2005, 01:18 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Just off to feed me guide dog
Old 29 September 2005, 01:39 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
the blue scum
PMSL
Old 29 September 2005, 03:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Chelsea did what any other football club would have done int he champions league, they followed the rule that if you win your home games and can get draws away from home you'll go through to the next stage. Chelsea went to the Europeans champions home ground and got a point. Job done. Does it matter how it was done? Its not always about entertainment.
Old 29 September 2005, 03:19 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LOL at some of these posts saying Chelsea should attack a bit more what do you expect from them, Chelsea have experienced Liverpools style of football (10men behind the ball) in Europe and so countered against it. Chelsea took the advantage from that game.

Calling for chelsea to attack more is silly, so I take it Robben, Duff, Drogba/Crespo and Lampard are all defensive players then are they?

Chelsea have taken a dull premiership (hardly exciting the last few years has it been?) and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck beating teams comfortably with many goals coming from midfield. Midfielders dont grab as many goals as the strikers do unless your a very strong attacking team. Simple really
Old 29 September 2005, 03:26 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Chelsea did what any other football club would have done int he champions league, they followed the rule that if you win your home games and can get draws away from home you'll go through to the next stage. Chelsea went to the Europeans champions home ground and got a point. Job done. Does it matter how it was done? Its not always about entertainment.
See normaly I'd agree with everything above, but there are a couple of points which make it a little hard to digest.

1) Chavski have spent £300mil odd on players.
2) the kunt, **** end, peasant, grease bucket pr1ck of a coach was saying how much his team play attacking football He had the audacity to critisize Anderlecht for being defensive when they were at scumford bridge
Same for spurs (bus in front of goal quote )

3) he continually babbles on about the Garcia goal and how they never lost, or lost 0-0 can't remember which, but forgets how the Paul Scholes perfectly good goal, was dissalowed in Porto's semi against Utd, allowing them to lift the trophy. Or the fact that the ref after the game said if it hadn't been a goal it would have been a red card for Cech and a pen.

The pr1ck has no shred of dignity or ounce of respect for other teams, what he doesn't undertsand is that these pathetic comments only enhance a teams willingness to ram those words up his ar*e.
Old 29 September 2005, 03:30 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

But Chelsea have spent £300million on a squad of players not on the starting 11

I suppose Liverpool are a superb team to watch great attacking free flowing football. the most mind numbing football game was played a week earlier who was in that match... LIVERPOOL v Man Utd.

So because you have a hatred for Murhino you automatically dismiss Chelsea as a boring footballing side? I suggest you watch football more often then because I see alot more boring football than what Chelsea produce.
Old 29 September 2005, 03:48 PM
AC-scoobie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
But Chelsea have spent £300million on a squad of players not on the starting 11

I suppose Liverpool are a superb team to watch great attacking free flowing football. the most mind numbing football game was played a week earlier who was in that match... LIVERPOOL v Man Utd.

So because you have a hatred for Murhino you automatically dismiss Chelsea as a boring footballing side? I suggest you watch football more often then because I see alot more boring football than what Chelsea produce.
I don't think you understood my post, your manager is the biggest tosser i've ever heard talk sh1te, ever, full stop. He has managed to spend a fortune to play a style of football exactly like..... Bolton. Who have spent **** all. Home or away his theory on football is all about exploiting the counter attack, he gets annoyed when teams don't attack them as he has no plan B, or plan B is bring on Huth

You are right that there is more boring football around then what the Chavs produce week in week out, but NONE of them have had the budget he has had. Look at the big clubs, Barca, Real, AC etc. They never resort to Anti-Football week in week out. Utd and Arsenal played amazing football when they won titles. Fair enough you want your team to win, but don't get the ars* when they are called boring cause all things considered you are the worst champions there's ever been.

Last edited by AC-scoobie; 29 September 2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 29 September 2005, 03:59 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LOL.. shows how blinkered you are.... "your manager" "your team" "your the worse champions" ???? I dont support Chelsea, I dont support a Premiership club so my view is completely unbiased as opposed to all the other posts in this thread..... Doesnt mean I dont watch it and pay attention to the on goings of the overall dull premiersh!te

Not exactly spent that much of a fortune though has he, alot of the money was spent by Ranieri

Juan Sebastian Veron - £15m from Man Utd
Joe Cole - £6.6m from West Ham
Damien Duff - £17m from Blackburn
Geremi - £7m from Real Madrid
Wayne Bridge - £7m from Southampton
Glenn Johnson - £6m from Chelsea

None of these are Murinho players as such.... Half of the team was previous to Joses reign....

lol.. so what, rambling at what Chelsea spend, what do you care if theyve spent £20+million on Drogba, we all know they got ripped off leave them too it. its not like theyve been buying a Real Madrid style team is it. hes building a footballing team that'll work well together. theres nothing wrong with that. Didnt see anyone moaning at the ridiculous figures Man Utd have played for players in the past buying the market out... Just like Rooney last year.

Quick Reply: Boring Boring Chelsea