Sport General sport discussion

Anyone support MK Dons?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2005, 10:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question Anyone support MK Dons?

Saw e'm play my lot last nite: what a shower of sh*t we were, looks like OUR bubble has well and truly burst

On the other hand, if the Dons keep fighting like that, they soon get into the top half of the table.

Alcazar
Old 29 September 2005, 12:54 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Support MK Dons? your having a laugh surely, anyone who supports them needs to be strung up

The real Wimbledon take supporters to support the MK dons opposition when Wimbledon aint playing

Heres hoping they get a speedy relegation from the football league.
Old 29 September 2005, 01:24 PM
CLANDER
Scooby Regular

Cool AFC Wimbledon

Hey all,

I saw the title of this post and thought here we go... Who's going to own up to supporting the scum and I then would have had to abuse a fellow scoobynetter!!!

AFC Wimbledon are the reincarnation of Wimbledon, the team who were stolen by a consortium and moved to the hell-hole that is MK, and then renamed!

AFC Wimbledon have now been operating for a little over 3 seasons and have won the league and cup double for the past two seasons. We now reside in the Ryman Premier League with the likes of Billeracay, Braintree and Fisher Athletic. We're Currently 4th! A play-off place this year would be a fantastic achievement so fingers crossed. Look out for our scores on the beeb and sky footy results shows.

The Scum, as they are affectionaly known, beat Scunny on Tuesday which was a bit of a shame as they got off the bottom of league 1, the old league 2 and for those of us even older the old division 3!! Let's hope Swindon can do something on Saturday, even though they are now bottom!

It is true that we do send fans up to support the opposition as well as contact the forum websites of the opposition's supporters to ask them not to attend and line the pockets of them...

We also often get the Scum's opposition fans come down to Kingsmeadow to support us when their team is playing at the Hockey Stadium which we all think is a really nice touch...

That's about it for the short history lesson, I'll answer any further questions, or get yourself on our very professional looking website which is as expected: afcwimbledon.co.uk

Rgds,
CHRIS.
Old 29 September 2005, 01:27 PM
CLANDER
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry to state the obvious, but with my over use of the word 'we' in my post, that I'm a True Don and support AFC Wimbledon

I bleed blue and yellow!

Chris.
Old 29 September 2005, 01:42 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
anyone who supports them needs to be strung up
bring back hanging!!! PMSL
Old 29 September 2005, 03:09 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Definately

Clander, good luck in your quest for getting back up to football league standards, 91 of the FLs clubs are all awaiting your returns and hoping for that particular 92nd club to be shot from exsistance.

p.s. thanks for the support you sent last season to Oldham
Old 29 September 2005, 06:20 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CLANDER
Sorry to state the obvious, but with my over use of the word 'we' in my post, that I'm a True Don and support AFC Wimbledon

I bleed blue and yellow!

Chris.

Good man, The Crazy Gang, what great days they were

Trending Topics

Old 29 September 2005, 09:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

So who the fek were the other 4200 people in that awful stadium on Tuesday night?

Alcazar
Old 29 September 2005, 10:44 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

plastic football supporters who live in a town with no footballing heritage
Old 30 September 2005, 09:20 AM
CLANDER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
So who the fek were the other 4200 people in that awful stadium on Tuesday night?

Alcazar
They probably had free tickets...
Old 30 September 2005, 11:06 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL at davegtt and CLANDER.

I have to admit that our local paper said the only exciting thing about the game were the Dons' mascots, and the plastic cows in one of the stands

Doesn't alter the fact that its the second time in two weeks that we've lost to the team on the bottom of the table

And that, after beating Huddersfield Town, who were top at the time, on their own ground, 4-1!

Yeovil tomorrow.............I'm NOT optimistic!

Alcazar
Old 30 September 2005, 01:42 PM
CLANDER
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good luck to both of you tomorrow, just looking at the league table you've both got almost identical records and both playing lower league opposition.

17 points, W5 D2 L4
goal difference +1 for scunny and -1 for oldham.

We're away at Heybridge Swifts which will be a tough game as they are just below us in the table, with a similar record.

Realistically I think that if any of us get more than a point this weekend it'll be a result!

Chris.
Old 30 September 2005, 02:35 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Thanks, aye trying to push for promotion this season, hopefully Uncle Andy Ritchie will be in a good mood and give us the points

Im cheering you guys on, think you'll scrape a draw, would go for the win but since your away its always going to be harder.

How many do you take on average to home games?
Old 01 October 2005, 11:48 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by CLANDER
Hey all,

The Scum, as they are affectionaly known

CHRIS.
PMSL Affectionately my ****

PS I have no affection whatever for anyone in Yellow & Blue, I remember Lawrie Sanchez at Wembley in '88 like it was yesterday
Old 03 October 2005, 03:02 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

dedicated Dons supporter here had a season ticket for 2 years 1 year at selhurst park 1 at Hockey stadium. If all you AFC fans put some effort into helping the club before it went bankrupt then perhaps they wouldn't have had to move in the first place.

As for calling Milton Keynes a town with no heritage well its a new town what do you expect ?
Old 03 October 2005, 04:13 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

You know, the fans dont make it bankrupt.... its the people running it and it didnt need to be moved miles away either to survive, its just the way football is going and we could do less of it than buying out football clubs moving them miles away and thinking you can have some real support, you think MKDs are running at a profit? pfff wake up.

yeah your right its a new town with no footballing heritage, so you want to be part of football then make your own team and dont nick another place's.... You telling me there is no other football club near Milton Keynes to follow?
Old 03 October 2005, 04:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

only when youve been brought up on years of football and following a team would you realise that picking up a team with history like Wimbledon and moving it miles away can bring hatred in many people not just the fans of that particular club.....
Old 03 October 2005, 10:01 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

In 20 years afc will have vanished back to the combined counties league MK dons gates will have gone from 4500 to 20500 and they will be back in the premiership. The closest club is northhampton there is a huge area to pull young fans in from todays schoolkids in MK will have a team to follow for years. The only losers are a few thousand Wimbledon fans who never wanted to support the club in the bad times anyway.
Old 04 October 2005, 09:25 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Rubbish.... your dreaming mate. "back in the premiership"? you was never there and you never was be. Real football fans know MKFranchise for what they are... I'll be suprised the day you ever get there.... you think a gate of 20k fans will get you to the prem? tell that to Notts forest, Sheff Wed and half the clubs in the Championship. Dreamland mate, dreamland
Old 05 October 2005, 02:34 PM
CLANDER
Scooby Regular

Default Laugh at LPB...

I'm moving house so don't really have time to get into another long ramble, but Luan Pra Bang you are very funny and ever so slightly deluded!

Great quote #1 from LPB: If all you AFC fans put some effort into helping the club before it went bankrupt then perhaps they wouldn't have had to move in the first place.
FACTS: The money earned from selling Plough Lane went straight into Hamman's pocket... and yes we were supported by a select few thousand.. unfortunately the Norwegians who brought us couldn't understand this and the rest as they say is history (abridged version). And why should we plough money iinto a club that would do what it likes anyway... AFCW is owned by the people for the people!

Great quote #2 LPB:- "The only losers are a few thousand Wimbledon fans who never wanted to support the club in the bad times anyway."
FACTS: Any club will lose support when going through the bad times, we lost some when we moved to ****hurst in '90 but also gained some as we had a great run late in the nineties with Joe Kinnear...
Then the real bad times hit, and they moved 70 miles away - which is just not a rational solution to the problem... How many fans of MK do you think would drive 70 miles to see them if they upped sticks now?!?! Would you be up in arms at the loss of your club? It would be quite ironic however, and then you could start Milton Keynes City football club up again, after you and your neighbours let it fall into disrepair and it folde, just because you wanted a league club and couldn't wait to rise up the leagues like everyone else has had to do!!

Must get on with some work...

Rgds,
CHRIS.

A little ditty from the 2,464 fans we had at Kingsmeadow last night for a midweek Ryman Premier league match - Going up, Going Down, Going Up and going Down, Franchise going down and the wombles going up.. (you do need to sing this to makie it work, yellow submarine-stylee)