England v Poland

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2005, 09:47 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default England v Poland

Whats your thoughts then?

We played much better and great, Im pleased with a performance for once BUT and its a big BUT.. The second Gerrard is back King will be dropped, Do you think Becks will be on the bench the next game? will he eck as like.... We'll be straight back to square 1. Lampard really shone tonight without Gerrard in the way.

Still think Sven is useless, the changes worked tonight and every Englishman in the country knew these changes needed to be made but Sven only changed them because he was forced too.....

Cant believe some of the baffling subs again. Lucky we won, we could have easily lost given some of the chances the Polish had, again in the second half they was given space and any world class team would have used that space to punish us.....

My 2p worth anyhow
Old 12 October 2005, 10:41 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Looked a different team tonight with plenty of chances to score. Wright Phillips did well - no idea why he got replaced by that useless tw*t crouch.

Main thing that pisses me off about Sven is that he changes the team too much. I honestly dont rate Gerrard but I bet hes back in the next match.

Not a great fan of lampard but he did well tonight. Also agree with andy and alan that Terry should be the captain.

Simon.
Old 12 October 2005, 10:51 PM
triple top
Scooby Regular

Great result and good to see the master poacher scoring and setting up the winner

P1Fanatic,agree about Gerrard.
Old 13 October 2005, 09:17 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Have to agree with the comments above about gerrard, him and Lampard are too similar players and get in each others way. I'd much prefer Lampard in the side

Thought Ledley King had a great game and Wright-Phillips was exellent too, again why the **** was he taken off for crouch?? He's toss!

Also thought the team had a better ballance without Beckham in the side, i think he's gone so far down hill since joining Real Madrid but i can garantee he'll be in the side next match. Sven is **** IMO, we need someone like Sam Allardice(sp?) in there to give everyone a kick up the ****

Gav..
Old 13 October 2005, 10:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

What did SWP actually do appart from run into people? I didn't see anything of real quality from him. Beckham to walk back in for me. Sven needs to grow some ***** though and tell him to keep wide.
Old 13 October 2005, 10:24 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Yes Becks does whip ***** into the box and creates chances which works well but hes a no nonsence player IMO, gets the ball and picks out 1 man in the box (usually midget man Owen) Whereas SWPs keeps the ball, holds the play up in their last 3rd and at least lets England push up and get men in the box, granted he didnt get the ball into the box as much as people would of liked yesterday but its refreshing to see England play more attacking football. Problem with Becks being on the right trying to pick out Owen is that 9 times out of ten its collected by the keeper and the opposition have the ball, keeper hoofs it up and we're back to playing in our half...

IMO off course