davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get to the back of the queue, I started it first just with a different title
Old 12 November 2005, 06:51 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

From a Welshman thats one of the best games I've seen.

England deserved that completely, excellent end to end football with lots of shots.

Rooney and Owen up front and you can't go wrong.
Old 12 November 2005, 07:06 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Owen and Rooney are class players and if we can bolster our defence for the world cup we just could?...................................
Old 12 November 2005, 07:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Im sorry I still feel Owen was quiet for the first 88minutes.... didnt really do much, his first touch is shocking but hopefully it'll improve with regular football now. I dont rate him at all, although his scoring record is superb he hardly scores wonder goals and most of them are usual striker goals that I feel most people can get with the service the england midfield provides.
Saying that though I do think you cant drop him at the moment whilst scoring like that and whilst getting regualr football
Old 12 November 2005, 09:11 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

True Dave, but goals are goals.

Im a Newcastle fan and have not been toooo impressed with Owen as yet. I thought he looked a bit slow and a bit moody to be honest. But, he does seem to be improving game by game. I do agree he's too quiet and a bit one dimensional at times though.

MB
Old 12 November 2005, 09:16 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

I dont rate him at all
that's an unbelievable comment, it really is!!!

He's there to score goals and that's what he does superbly well!!!

Why does he need to score wonder goals???

Last edited by eldudereno; 12 November 2005 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12 November 2005, 10:18 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Thought Argentina dominated most of the game. England came through in the last 10/15 mins and showed more desire to win it. Well done England!
Old 12 November 2005, 11:18 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

eldudereno, lol why is it? he needs to be part of the team, control the ball, hold it up, link up with other players.... My comment was part of a whole statement which you managed to delete from the quote.... I did also say its hard to drop someone when they are scoring...

Look back on the game, forget the score and how well generally we did, if Owen didnt grab them last 2 goals (and all bl00dy well credit too him for doing it) and we lost 2-1, what would your opinion of Owen be exactly? you'd be moaning he did nowt and when the ball came his way he lost it..... As he does 90% of the time, only reason hes still in the team is because (apart fromt he fact Sven has a dream about him every night) the 10% of the time his movement off the ball pays off.
Old 13 November 2005, 10:28 AM
pauly
Scooby Regular

tap ins still count the same as 30yard wonder strikes (until the yanks get involved with rule changes) and i'd take owen doing bugger all for 88 mins then scoring 2 goals to win the game over owen having a blinder scoring 0 and us losing 2-1 any day of the week

that game just about summed up owen and every penalty box player on the planet.. just when you think it's over and the job is done you take your eye off them for 2 minutes and bang bang from winning a game all of a sudden you've lost a game
how many 30yard screamers did lineker score? not many if any as far as i know. the only players that do it on a regular basis are shearer(not regular now though) henry and lampard and these players are rare and completely different to owen
Old 13 November 2005, 01:39 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

FFS, did I say drop Owen no I didnt... I said its hard to drop a player whos scoring, I'll be the first to admit Owens movement off the ball makes him who he is, without that hes gash, first touch is about as good as any player in League 2... Some have better too.

Owen might score and you might get off his back, but the games he doesnt score think of someone who can hold the ball up and link up with that other striker....

Im not saying tap ins dont count, half of his goals though have been dodgy goals that'd go in anyway.
Old 13 November 2005, 03:48 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
FFS, did I say drop Owen no I didnt... I said its hard to drop a player whos scoring, I'll be the first to admit Owens movement off the ball makes him who he is, without that hes gash, first touch is about as good as any player in League 2... Some have better too.

Owen might score and you might get off his back, but the games he doesnt score think of someone who can hold the ball up and link up with that other striker....

Im not saying tap ins dont count, half of his goals though have been dodgy goals that'd go in anyway.
so you'd rather have crouch coz he can hold the ball up and link play, according to the experts.
agreed about his 1st touch he can trap it further than i can kick it

Last edited by pauly; 13 November 2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 13 November 2005, 03:50 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Why is Crouch in the squad?
Old 13 November 2005, 03:51 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sonu
Why is Crouch in the squad?
i think the question should be
how the hell did crouch get a pro contract
Old 13 November 2005, 04:10 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Crouch did well for Southampton in his last 7/8 games there but since joining Pool hasn't shown much.
Old 13 November 2005, 04:22 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sonu
Crouch did well for Southampton in his last 7/8 games there but since joining Pool hasn't shown much.
do you remember a player called ian haemorrhoid or was it ormandroid are peter crouch and the aformentioned pile not the same player
both lanky both kak both great goalscorers what do some managers see in players that the rest of us don't
but then thats why they get millions of pounds per year and we don't i guess
booing him however is disgusting as he is wearing the ENGLAND shirt and i thought yesterdays reception was much much better
hope the lanky streak of p!$$ scores the winner in the world cup final and rams my words right back down my throat with extra chili sauce on

just out of interest has he scored at all for liverpool
i know he aint got any in the league this season
Old 13 November 2005, 04:27 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

'hope the lanky streak of p!$$ scores the winner in the world cup final and rams my words right back down my throat with extra chili sauce on'- LOL
Old 14 November 2005, 09:47 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pauly
so you'd rather have crouch coz he can hold the ball up and link play, according to the experts.
agreed about his 1st touch he can trap it further than i can kick it
Did I say play crouch? no.... Id rather Defoe be on the pitch myself.

experts, you mean like Mark I know **** Lawrensons.... some of these so called experts are a disgrace to football.

That little **** Le Saux does my head in too, cant stand him making a living out of stating the obvious.
Old 14 November 2005, 11:21 AM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Must admin Le Saux is the most boring commentater I've heard.
Old 14 November 2005, 06:59 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Did I say play crouch? no.... Id rather Defoe be on the pitch myself.

experts, you mean like Mark I know **** Lawrensons.... some of these so called experts are a disgrace to football.

That little **** Le Saux does my head in too, cant stand him making a living out of stating the obvious.
no you didn't say play crouch you said you'd want somebody to hold the ball up and link play defoe doesn't do this he's a goalscorer he gets less than owen but he does get the more special goals. rooney is the link player and thats his best position he gets the space to turn and run at people, which defenders hate, he also finds and uses the space in the channels very well you need someone like owen or defoe (conceded) to play alongside him, somebody more selfish and someone who comes alive in and around the box at this point in time i would say owen is the better option but for how long i don't know
crouch is a different option but if your lookin for something different i'd prefer hesky to crouch. granted he spends more time on his ar$e than his feet but thats because defenders were scared of his strength and presence and didn't know how to handle it legally (incidently i don't think heskey is good enough either)
agreed about the pundits they get paid to $lag ENGLAND, sometimes you wonder which match they are watchin. le socks is boring as hell get ian wright behind the mike that would liven things up a bit
Old 14 November 2005, 11:48 PM
Lee-B STi Type UK
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I missed the first half (working) . But I did see nearly all the second half.
All I can say is it was electric towards the end, then Englands 3rd went in and it was like it was the world cup final the way the crowd and commentators went bezerk.

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buil...hoice=FB988239

England 3rd choice to win world cup in william hill's eyes at the mo.

COME ON!!!

Lee