Sport General sport discussion

Reading v chelsea

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2006, 09:56 PM
M555JHE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading v chelsea

WOW did anyone watch the game? 1-0 to chelsea on goals but reading had them on goalies 2-0 to reading, managed to injure both goalies tonight and the yput john terry in goal, shame reading did not equalize though.
Old 15 October 2006, 09:21 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Both keepers looked pretty bad not good with Barca this week.
Didn't look any real intent in the one on Cech to me, but Mourinho seems to think differently
Old 15 October 2006, 10:11 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Both keepers looked pretty bad not good with Barca this week.
Didn't look any real intent in the one on Cech to me, but Mourinho seems to think differently
I hate to say it, but it was a typical Chelsea performance and vindicates (once again) my negative view of them.

A scrappy goal, a sending off for constant foul play (you've got a good one in Obi Mikel ), dive after dive, irresponsible comments from Mourinho (Hunt had every right to go for the ball, and that's without bringing up the greasy pitch, momentum and every other aspect Mourinho chose to ignore), and to top it off, the Chelsea camp deciding not to give the ball back in the dying minutes.

Pathetic.
Old 15 October 2006, 11:07 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G-STAR
I hate to say it, but it was a typical Chelsea performance and vindicates (once again) my negative view of them.

A scrappy goal, a sending off for constant foul play (you've got a good one in Obi Mikel ), dive after dive, irresponsible comments from Mourinho (Hunt had every right to go for the ball, and that's without bringing up the greasy pitch, momentum and every other aspect Mourinho chose to ignore), and to top it off, the Chelsea camp deciding not to give the ball back in the dying minutes.

Pathetic.
I've said it time and time again we dont give a **** what you think
Old 15 October 2006, 11:26 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
I've said it time and time again we dont give a **** what you think
John Terry starting in goal on Wednesday?

Give Hilario a run out - it'll be Hilarious.

Last edited by G-STAR; 15 October 2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 15 October 2006, 01:31 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G-STAR
John Terry starting in goal on Wednesday?

A lot better than some of the "keepers" you've had recently
Old 18 October 2006, 09:16 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

Shame to see Cech injured that bad. That injury is not far off what Richard Hammond had. Head being drilled to release pressure and also having a cracked skull. Not very nice. All the best to him. (from a gooner.)
Old 18 October 2006, 10:49 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Whilst not wanting to distract from the two injured goalkeepers and the seriousness of their injuries, especially Cech............At what point did Mourinho get a knock on the head ?? because he's clearly behaving in a deluded manner.

His rants used to be amusing but now he comes across as a paranoid spoilt brat, his blast at the ambulance service was another example of his pettiness

We are Chelsea, no one likes us and we are paranoid....

Time to get over yourself Jose and get on with the game because you're beginning to make Wenger look like a choir boy, although he couldn't help but chip in with some more sensational bull**** " A keeper will die" FFS in the history of professional football how many games have been played ?? more than my calculator could calculate and how many keepers have died from head injuries sustained in a game ? one ! so the odds are so small they are microscopic, give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure Nike or Adidas will manufacture a nice keepers helmet to protect them
Old 18 October 2006, 01:53 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

It's all part of being a keeper anyway, you know that if you go for those kind of ***** you can get injured, it's something you are aware of.

Still not nice to see 2 stretchered off in the same game tho.
Old 18 October 2006, 04:58 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Whilst not wanting to distract from the two injured goalkeepers and the seriousness of their injuries, especially Cech............At what point did Mourinho get a knock on the head ?? because he's clearly behaving in a deluded manner.

His rants used to be amusing but now he comes across as a paranoid spoilt brat, his blast at the ambulance service was another example of his pettiness

We are Chelsea, no one likes us and we are paranoid....

Time to get over yourself Jose and get on with the game because you're beginning to make Wenger look like a choir boy, although he couldn't help but chip in with some more sensational bull**** " A keeper will die" FFS in the history of professional football how many games have been played ?? more than my calculator could calculate and how many keepers have died from head injuries sustained in a game ? one ! so the odds are so small they are microscopic, give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure Nike or Adidas will manufacture a nice keepers helmet to protect them

Have agree with everything you say, I wish Jose would keep a lid on it sometimes
Old 20 October 2006, 09:11 PM
pmarch bugeye
Scooby Regular

On balance - a draw would have been a fair result. Leaving aside the unfortunate accidents to the goalkeepers WHO WE ALL WISH A SPEEDY RECOVERY - Reading were brill and kept on going forward, playing constructively and matching Chelsea's efforts - if only that ball had gone in rather than hit the post.

URZ.