Sport General sport discussion

Well Done Calzaghe

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2008, 08:36 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Done Calzaghe

Cant believe no ones posted this up yet. What an achievement and what a career. 46 fights unbeaten. Havent seen the fight yet myself.

Will he call it a day and go out at the top?

Simon
Old 10 November 2008, 11:09 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I think he'll have one more bout on home soil to be honest
Old 10 November 2008, 11:09 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It was a top fight. Credit to both men but Clazaghe is sheer class. over 250 punches landed. Great chin as well. The super slow mos make me wince

If he's made his money then he's pretty much got everything to lose and nothing to gain from fighting on. He can walk away with his legacy intact.
Old 10 November 2008, 02:02 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Anyone know if a repeat is on the tv soon?

gutted i missed the fight but it wasnt shown in Slovakia. The man is class and i'd love to see him have one more on home soil, but he doesnt need to risk it.

The man is a boxing legend and should be remembered that way
Old 10 November 2008, 02:38 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Didn't just batter him, but had time and ability to take the mickey as well - which normally I don't like, but it's usually the other way around with american fighters, so juts this once.

He kept sticking his head in between Jones's gloves with his own hands down at his side and keeping it there while Jones peeped between his gloves but Jones still couldn't land one on him most of the time
Old 12 November 2008, 11:34 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Calzaghe is a hypocrite! If you've read his autobiography you'll know what i'm on about, basically he said he would never fight Roy Jones jnr due to all that crap a few years ago with him taking drugs, granted a huge pay check would change anyone's mind, but come on.............

Whilst it was a good fight & Calzaghe deserved the win (he landed some cracking shots & jones's performance was well below average) i cant help agree with all the boxing pundits in that JC should retire now. He has absolutely nothing left to prove, unbeaten on 46 fights! the only worth while challenger left would be Chad Dawson at Light Heavy
Old 12 November 2008, 07:20 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RMA26
Calzaghe is a hypocrite! If you've read his autobiography you'll know what i'm on about, basically he said he would never fight Roy Jones jnr due to all that crap a few years ago with him taking drugs, granted a huge pay check would change anyone's mind, but come on.............

Whilst it was a good fight & Calzaghe deserved the win (he landed some cracking shots & jones's performance was well below average) i cant help agree with all the boxing pundits in that JC should retire now. He has absolutely nothing left to prove, unbeaten on 46 fights! the only worth while challenger left would be Chad Dawson at Light Heavy
People are allowed to change their minds tho. And yes a £5m paycheck is pretty enticing

Simon
Old 13 November 2008, 08:19 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
People are allowed to change their minds tho. And yes a £5m paycheck is pretty enticing

Simon
Indeed, can't wait to see what haye does this weekend & Hatton next weekend

I hear Mosley has a bid in to fight Margarito at Welterweight - If Moseley's last fight was anything to go by, he wont last into the later rounds, that last round knockout against Mayorga was a pure fluke in the last second

Cant wait to see Cotto V Jennings in Feb 09