>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Changes his username after another defeat..
Old 22 November 2008, 08:13 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So close fella we should have nicked it at the end
Old 22 November 2008, 08:27 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

great second half performance from villa
Old 22 November 2008, 08:52 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

I thought we were great - Milner was immense.

Anyone watch It on the box ?? Was the Gabby incident a Penalty ?? It looked like It from the stands.

There's only one word I can use to some up Ronaldo ... Cheat !!! ..
Old 22 November 2008, 10:21 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

the foul started outside the box but defo finished inside. tough one to call.
Old 22 November 2008, 11:30 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
the foul started outside the box but defo finished inside. tough one to call.

Yeah just seen It on match of the day - I'm a biased Villa tho so will say It's a pen..

The difference is, If that had been Rooney In front of the Stretford End or Gerrard in front of the Kop I'm sure that the Pen would have been awarded.

I'm surprised no Man Utd fans who have been to the game have commented........

They must still be stuck in traffic on the M1/M40..
Old 22 November 2008, 11:40 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Originally Posted by scoobynutz
They must still be stuck in traffic on the M1/M40..
there has been an accident on the M25 mate

I think your right about the big teams at home. vidic was all over him but started outside. id of given it
Old 23 November 2008, 01:15 AM
jayzredscooby
Scooby Regular

it should have been a freekick i agree but not a penalty. on the other hand united had a strong claim for handball by young turned down also. wasnt a very good performance by united but villa stiffled them by surging back behind the ball every time united started an attack. was a determined perfromance from villa and overall i think a draw was a fair result. but being a united fan i was hoping we would pull back the points dropped by the rest of the big teams! in the end a weekend of football that cancelled each other out. although i would love villa to knock arsenal out of the top 4!
Old 23 November 2008, 01:14 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I thought we were great - Milner was immense.

Anyone watch It on the box ?? Was the Gabby incident a Penalty ?? It looked like It from the stands.

There's only one word I can use to some up Ronaldo ... Cheat !!! ..
Ronaldo was booted from pillar to post last night. The ref gave him no protection. Seems it's Ok to make no attempt to win the ball now and just hack a player down.

Wasn't a pen. Free kick outside the box yes but once inside there was no shirt pulling and Vidic took the ball.
Old 23 November 2008, 05:22 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Ronaldo was booted from pillar to post last night. The ref gave him no protection.
Utter crap

It's a Mans game as far as I know football Is still a contact sport !!

Everytime a tackle was made either fairly or unfairly he rolled around as if he had just took a right hander off Ricky Hatten - only to get up 20 secs later as If nothing had happened.

He does It week in week out and lets not forget he got he's own team mate ( Rooney ) sent off for being a big baby crying to the Ref. The sooner he Pi55's off to Real Madrid the better.
Old 23 November 2008, 06:17 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Ronaldo was booted from pillar to post last night. The ref gave him no protection.
Utter crap, he is without doubt the biggest ponce playing, even ahead of Drogba now
Old 23 November 2008, 06:31 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Ronaldo was booted from pillar to post last night.
Even for you STI, that's complete bull.Maybe Ronnie should run off and play where his mummy wants him too, if he can't handle a firm tackle or two?

Well done Villa yesterday, could be the next team to break into the top 4. MOL is doing a good job there.
Old 23 November 2008, 08:16 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good manager indeed
Old 23 November 2008, 10:31 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well played villa

wiley
Old 24 November 2008, 10:24 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

He does make a meal of some challenges that's true but more often than not the player doesn't get the ball but the ref because it's Ronaldo is happy to let the play continue. Maybe he's brought that on himself by his actions in the past but there were several challenges in that game where the ball was not played and they took him out with no free kick given. The hatred of Ronaldo from you lot is purely down to jealousy.
Old 24 November 2008, 10:58 AM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

The hatred of Ronaldo from you lot is purely down to jealousy.

Nope i hate him because he's a diving crying ***** and got rooney sent off!!

oh, him being a manc player doesnt help his cause in my eyes either
Old 24 November 2008, 01:44 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

If you honestly believe Ronaldo got Rooney sent off then you're more deluded than I thought.
Old 24 November 2008, 03:29 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

take your manc blinkers off!! the crying on the floor, the moaning to the ref, then the wink.
I bet if he didnt react like that then rooney would still be on the pitch.

Personally i think your deluded if you think supporters are actually jealous of the scrot! I feel embarresed for the boy rolling around like he's been shot every match
Old 24 November 2008, 04:27 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

It's not just the fact that he dives that annoys all opposing supporters It's his over reactions .. If he's not rolling around in agony he's confronting the Ref . There's suppose to be a respect the Ref campaign this year and every time Villa won a free kick on Saturday 2-3 Man Utd players confronted the Ref - What's that all about..

In my opinion most of the hatred towards Man U isn't actually against the team as such - It's more of a hatred to there Glory Hunting supporters.

We counted 5 flags on Saturday all with other City's names inc ..

Grimsby Reds.
North East Supporters Club
Croydon.
Plymouth - Yes Plymouth about 450 miles away..

What the hell is that all about..

I'm sure there are genuine Manc's who genuinely support there local team like Man U but I'd be disgusted to have to share my club with a bunch of hangers on..
Old 24 November 2008, 04:44 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
take your manc blinkers off!! the crying on the floor, the moaning to the ref, then the wink.
I bet if he didnt react like that then rooney would still be on the pitch.

Personally i think your deluded if you think supporters are actually jealous of the scrot! I feel embarresed for the boy rolling around like he's been shot every match
Rooney got Rooney sent off, along with the Ref. To say any different is laughable.

Of course you're jealous of the player he is and the talent he has. Yes he's arrogant to a huge degree but so was Henry and you loved him. Time to take your ABU glasses off and realise Ronaldo does the same as players from all teams but the unparrelled jealousy of United and him is what really sticks in the throat of other teams fans.
Old 24 November 2008, 04:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It's not just the fact that he dives that annoys all opposing supporters It's his over reactions .. If he's not rolling around in agony he's confronting the Ref . There's suppose to be a respect the Ref campaign this year and every time Villa won a free kick on Saturday 2-3 Man Utd players confronted the Ref - What's that all about..

In my opinion most of the hatred towards Man U isn't actually against the team as such - It's more of a hatred to there Glory Hunting supporters.

We counted 5 flags on Saturday all with other City's names inc ..

Grimsby Reds.
North East Supporters Club
Croydon.
Plymouth - Yes Plymouth about 450 miles away..

What the hell is that all about..

I'm sure there are genuine Manc's who genuinely support there local team like Man U but I'd be disgusted to have to share my club with a bunch of hangers on..
Any big club will have people from all over following them. Success of any nature draws people to things. I'm sure Villa have a generation of fans who follow them from their success in Europe in the 80's. It's just the same tired old remarks from fans who look on with envy at a club and team that try to go about most things the right way. They're far from perfect as a club but they shoul be one to be admired.
Old 24 November 2008, 05:18 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

As a football supporter I admire all of Man Utd's achievements and regard Fergie as the greatest manager to grace the English game.

My point regarding glory hunting Is this ..

A true Football supporter will support he's local side.

ie I'm from B'ham - I should follow Villa, Blues or WBA.

I see young lads playing footie over the local park wearing Man Utd shirts with Rooney on the back - IMO It's just wrong. That shirt should be a Villa or Blues shirt with either Carew or Phillips on the back.

I do a lot of work in London and was by Arsenal the other day. What did I see.. 2 Man Utd fans walking down the Holloway Rd. Why ain't those 2 lads supporting Arsenal, Spurs or one of the other London Clubs ?? You can't say Arsenal ain't a massive club.

For me there's nothing better than picking up my local paper and reading about my local team. There's nothing better than having your football clubs stadium only 20 mins drive away. There's nothing better than going to an away game with 2500 Brummies having banter in different city's with opposing supporters taking the Pi55 out of our accents. Granted people move away from they're home city's and towns but I'm sure they take there football club with them.

When you live In another part of the country and support a team that has no connections with you or where your from you It can't have the same effect It has on me or supporters like me where our clubs colours runs through our veins.

Sorry about the rant feel better now..
Old 24 November 2008, 05:41 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Rooney got Rooney sent off, along with the Ref. To say any different is laughable.

Of course you're jealous of the player he is and the talent he has. Yes he's arrogant to a huge degree but so was Henry and you loved him. Time to take your ABU glasses off and realise Ronaldo does the same as players from all teams but the unparrelled jealousy of United and him is what really sticks in the throat of other teams fans.
Your opinion is your opinion on this and imo Ronaldo had a massive helping hand to his sending off. His reaction afterwards was enough to turn almost all England supporters against him.
Please dont tell me whether im jealous of someone or not. I'm not a football player so i dont care what he can do. I think what he does with a football is amazing but i certainly dont want to be him. Jordan was an amazing basketball player so does that mean i was jealous of him

Also i never mentioned him being arrogant You cant be a top sportsman without having a degree of arognacy, hence why i never brought it up. Henry was arrogant, but never a cheat or persistant diver.

Man u have been one of the top teams in europe for years, i respect them as a club. certainly not jealous.

I dont need any other reason to hate man u, you have been our rivals for years and it doesnt take a future real madrid player to make me hate you anymore.

as for Glory Hunters. they are at the top 4 clubs. ive lived in somerset now for 5 years(moved from London area) and the amount of chelsea supporters that have popped up with south west ascents is laughable.
Old 25 November 2008, 12:38 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

As a football supporter I admire all of Man Utd's achievements and regard Fergie as the greatest manager to grace the English game.

My point regarding glory hunting Is this ..

A true Football supporter will support he's local side.

ie I'm from B'ham - I should follow Villa, Blues or WBA.

I see young lads playing footie over the local park wearing Man Utd shirts with Rooney on the back - IMO It's just wrong. That shirt should be a Villa or Blues shirt with either Carew or Phillips on the back.

I do a lot of work in London and was by Arsenal the other day. What did I see.. 2 Man Utd fans walking down the Holloway Rd. Why ain't those 2 lads supporting Arsenal, Spurs or one of the other London Clubs ?? You can't say Arsenal ain't a massive club.

For me there's nothing better than picking up my local paper and reading about my local team. There's nothing better than having your football clubs stadium only 20 mins drive away. There's nothing better than going to an away game with 2500 Brummies having banter in different city's with opposing supporters taking the Pi55 out of our accents. Granted people move away from they're home city's and towns but I'm sure they take there football club with them.

When you live In another part of the country and support a team that has no connections with you or where your from you It can't have the same effect It has on me or supporters like me where our clubs colours runs through our veins.

Sorry about the rant feel better now..

Maybe the two people you saw at Arsenals ground were from Manchester and visiting the area/stadium??? Are United shirts not allowed in the area?

Maybe the local lads you saw playing football were from Manchester and their parents were visiting friends??? Or their parents are from Manchester and support Manchester United so they do too? Happens all the time!

And the Plymouth fans were at least there SUPPORTING United, making the 200 mile trip or what ever it is to watch their team
Old 25 November 2008, 05:15 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobygav555
Maybe the two people you saw at Arsenals ground were from Manchester and visiting the area/stadium??? Are United shirts not allowed in the area?

Maybe the local lads you saw playing football were from Manchester and their parents were visiting friends??? Or their parents are from Manchester and support Manchester United so they do too? Happens all the time!

And the Plymouth fans were at least there SUPPORTING United, making the 200 mile trip or what ever it is to watch their team

Old 25 November 2008, 09:02 PM
jayzredscooby
Scooby Regular

it doesnt matter where your from, i live just outside birmingham....do i support any of the 'local ' teams....no. do i go to old trafford atleast 6-10 times a season....yes! your local team is a lazy choice and a true fan chooses their team at a young age. i know i did. just because your family support a team doesnt mean you follow like sheep. i know growing up giggs was a huge influence on why i chose united.
Old 25 November 2008, 09:20 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayzredscooby
it doesnt matter where your from, i live just outside birmingham....do i support any of the 'local ' teams....no. do i go to old trafford atleast 6-10 times a season....yes!
I was going to ask you If you go to any away games - But It seems every game Is an away game for you ..
Old 26 November 2008, 08:00 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Some people actually move away rather than remaining in the same city their entire life like a hill billy

As for the penalty claim no chance. Free kick yes but ref allowed it to go on and possibly give him the chance of getting a penalty but Vidic recovered (no idea how) and got the ball so correct decision imho.

Simon
Old 26 November 2008, 08:23 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

And as for Ronaldo yep he does make a meal of it sometimes but tbh I dont blame him half the time as he does get some serious physical abuse throughout a match with often little or no consequence from the referee. Admittedly his pace and ability to change direction so quickly causes the opposition to lunge in but a foul is a foul.

Last nights game in Spain was a prime example so its not just in the Premiership it happens. It would be a shame to see such a talented career cut short by these constant fouls.

Simon
Old 26 November 2008, 09:23 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jayzredscooby
it doesnt matter where your from, i live just outside birmingham....do i support any of the 'local ' teams....no. do i go to old trafford atleast 6-10 times a season....yes! your local team is a lazy choice and a true fan chooses their team at a young age. i know i did. just because your family support a team doesnt mean you follow like sheep. i know growing up giggs was a huge influence on why i chose united.
Give over. a true fan picks a team at a young age By that account we'd all support the top clubs in Europe and no other team would get a look in. Supporting your local team is not a lazy choice, its the only choice Lazy choice my ****. Lazy is picking a team you can support from an arm chair.

Quick Reply: Right I'm off to see Villa beat Man Utd