Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Another great bit of business by Arsenal...

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2008, 08:21 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree mate, from what i've heard all be it only rumours Arsenal stand to make a tidy profit from a sell on clause, which to me suggests the money men know what their doing and the blame can be laid at Wengers feet for letting him leave. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and Wengers judgement is usally good but on this occasion

IMHO

Aaron
Old 21 December 2008, 11:26 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wenger's not bought a decent centre half in years. Once Cesc went today that midfield was terrible. Arsenal are a spent force as it stands now.
Old 22 December 2008, 09:38 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Wenger's not bought a decent centre half in years. Once Cesc went today that midfield was terrible. Arsenal are a spent force as it stands now.
Now ?

They have been since Vieira did the off
Old 22 December 2008, 09:48 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Nah last year they played some great football and weren't far off the title. Squad depth let them down. He's lost some players since and not replaced with quality. Wenger should be the one taking the blame.
Old 22 December 2008, 11:43 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Nah last year they played some great football and weren't far off the title. Squad depth let them down. He's lost some players since and not replaced with quality. Wenger should be the one taking the blame.
For me that's been Arsenal for the past 4 years, fantastic football, great to watch but can never go the distance, you just know they will have a bad patch and lose games to silly teams, needs an end product, already they've had period and I still cant see them lasting the distance. Although I still think Wegner is genius on the training pitch, they just haven't had a solid spine for 4 seasons or more imho.

It shall be an interesting second half of the season, Chelsea not to hot at home, Liverpool still grinding out results, always a sign of a team that wins the title, but you still expect them to come undone because of previous form, Utd are hot and cold and have shown no real consistancy this season, although I think Rooney is having an outstanding season, we're seeing the real Wayne Rooney again and looking at his best.

So who knows Arsenal could nip in a 20/1 a good price, if they can last the distance, but unlikely.

I cant see any one of those teams rattling off 8 straight wins right now, so you've got to think it's the most open season for a long while.
Old 22 December 2008, 12:05 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

United have played all their hardest games away from home already and are potentially a point or 2 off top spot. They have a run of games through Jan and Feb with a lot at home. I expect to see them power to the top spot or tie with Chelsea. Liverpool will drop back. The series of draws they have had at home shows they're not good enough.

As for Arsenal... they're a far worse side than last year and will keep dropping points.

Trending Topics

Old 22 December 2008, 03:02 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

According to SSN there was a sell on clause in his contract, so a bit more money for Wenger not to spend
Old 23 December 2008, 06:21 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

I liked Diarra as a player. thought he was top drawer. Flamini keeping him out the team. How well that plan worked if flamini had stayed we would be so much stronger this year. but hey ho. im used to it.

January is a massive month imo for Wenger. It will show the supporters what his intentions are. spend big and it means he wants the league, because lets face it, not one club is clear cut.
Dont spend or buy more undeveloped talent, and its saying we are not good enough this year to the players.

Hopefully he isnt counting on Eduardo and Rosicky to come back and make a massive difference because they both wouldnt of played for a year or more.

How bad is Cesc??? Sorry but ive been doing the whole family thing and missed everything since saturday.

On the subject of money, Arsenal may have alot of debt with the stadium but by the end of 2009 most of it will be gone as the development company building on the highbury site has to pay up and all the flats have sold. that will remove almost all debt. Speaking to John Radford(Arsenal fans may remember him ) last weekend

Last edited by DaveBeck; 23 December 2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 23 December 2008, 06:34 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
How bad is Cesc??? Sorry but ive been doing the whole family thing and missed everything since saturday.
Sky Sports | Football | News | Cesc out for four months

Could be a long Xmas Dave
Old 23 December 2008, 07:33 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pauld37
It's a good job they didn't sell all their decent midfielders.

On hang on.......
Old 23 December 2008, 08:54 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

can't blame arsene for selling him

diarra was on his third club in a couple of years, chelsea, arsenal, portsmouth
to me that smacks of something wrong with the fella himself, not his footballing abilty.......

but i do agree he is being a bit stubborn about his youth policy, need an experienced spine in there, at least a couple of centre-backs and now two midfielders........
Old 24 December 2008, 10:20 AM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

4 months we cant go 40 minutes without him.

hopefully will be spending then. doubt it.

already a long xmas amount of hangovers ive had lol