Sport General sport discussion

Arsenal WTF

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2009, 05:42 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Arsenal WTF

WTF is going on at Arsenal. Seeming as they dont seem to want to strengthen there squad, that french prat Gallas is upsetting other players to the point that, now Toure has handed in a transfer request. They look very very lightweight to me and punching above there weight. Worrying and strange goings on me thinks.
Old 06 January 2009, 06:00 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arseshavin is going. They need a Decent CB or two, a good DM and a GK
Old 06 January 2009, 07:00 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

punching above our weight??

I needed a laugh. so we beat chelsea manu and draw against liverpool with 10 men. things must be bad.
5th place, playing without a doubt the worse football ive seen them play for 4 seasons. still up there.
Toure handed in(got rejected) a request because he isnt getting a game since his injury. give it time.
Wenger is superb in the market but granted he needs to spend money for a change. Arseshavin is going to come i'm sure as a replacement for Fabregas injury.
still have Rosicky,walcott, Eduardo to come back.

we need a woodgate,rio,Ramos player to come in and someone like Gatusso(we had Flamini)

**** me, we have had a bad 20 games but its not like we are losing and down in the bottom half. things will change
Old 06 January 2009, 09:20 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

we need 2 or 3 midfeilders i think, yaya toure and niko kranjcar would be good signings but i can't see us signing either of them. its the same at manchester city really with their CBs Richards and Dunne were one of the best partnerships last year, this year they seem ordinary
Old 06 January 2009, 09:56 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

yaya toure would be a world class signing
Old 06 January 2009, 10:13 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
yaya toure would be a world class signing
No he would not. Agreed he is very defensive and very strong, but and it's a big but, he is slow and can easily be turned. I have watched Barca a lot this season and i really think the speed of the PL would find him out. As for ****-shavin i really think the jury is out, he did himself no real favours in the euro's and dissapeared in the big games. Wenger is an absoloute genius, and we dont need a spurs type desperate signing, note Defo. But we really need a couple of settling signings. Gallas has played ok lately and gets forward and can head the ball, thank god, but he's such a fookin **** head. A couple of Manu petite signings is all we need and a Martin Keown would be the icing on the cake.
Old 06 January 2009, 10:21 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

we just need the flats to be sold so wenger has funds available
Old 07 January 2009, 06:04 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

punching above our weight??

I needed a laugh. so we beat chelsea manu and draw against liverpool with 10 men. things must be bad.
....lost to Stoke, Hull, Man City, that is pretty bad Dave
Old 07 January 2009, 11:53 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Not many positive posts in here re the Gooners in the past few seasons, a real under current of disatisfaction it must be said.

Im suprised not to have seen B2Zero on this thread, must be on his hols
Old 07 January 2009, 12:03 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

I'm a bit confused over the Arshavin transfer,During the summer when Tottenham were looking to sign him Zenit St Petersburg wanted £20 million,now 6 months later they want if the storys are true £12 million
Old 07 January 2009, 12:09 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

His contract is running out.... the price goes down the closer to the time he can walk for nothing
Old 07 January 2009, 12:16 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
His contract is running out.... the price goes down the closer to the time he can walk for nothing
Didn't know his Contract was up
Old 07 January 2009, 12:20 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

18 months left I believe but once in that final year and his age becoming more of a factor the price drops further. They wanted to sell in the Summer but had their bluff called. They cant afford to do that again.
Old 07 January 2009, 08:33 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Zenit also knew Spurs had a lot of money back in the summer having sold a shed load of players for around £70 million.
Old 07 January 2009, 08:40 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

I don't care if it's 1p or 12 mil, he's not what we need. I think, seeing as toure's request has been rejected, is stick him in midfield. It's where he started life at Arsenal. He's quick, very strong and fearless,and reads the game superbly, he would be perfect for the holding role. Give Adeybayor a size 10 up the jacksey, he's so fookin frustrating and his touch is shocking for an Arsenal player. We need a spine and i really think that Toure should be the core of it and for gods pity, please not Upson, go for Richards at man city or the guy who looks like a Klingon at Everton, and someone out wide who can do a Pires job. Pires scored 20+ goals a season and another player never replaced, oh actually he was replaced by steptoe, who fooked off to Barca.On the bright side, the snows thawed down our end.
Old 07 January 2009, 09:47 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Havent seen Yaya in the league so going off his CL showings, where he has been faultless.
Arshavin is "being" signed to try and get some creativity.no Walcott,Fabregas,Rosicky for next few months and with Eduardo not playing for a best part of a year we are lacking creativity, something that has never been an issue at Arsenal of late.
If you look at the team sheets its a misserably view, lots of defensive players recently instead of flair.

Of course there is negative feelings at the moment. I support Arsenal and with the players/stadium/money we have i expect something to show for it.
We have 2 shareholders that are in the top 10 in richest people in prem league and with the stadium being paid for by the end of the year we should become one of the richest clubs in the world.

Would just be nice to turn on SSN and see across the bottom "Breaking news, Arsenal sign Richards/Kaka/Ramos for £25million. would mean a statement of intent.
Yes if we keep all the youngsters we have now we will have a very strong side in 5 years. but they will be sold off

bbbbbrrreathe
Old 08 January 2009, 12:38 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Would just be nice to turn on SSN and see across the bottom "Breaking news, Arsenal sign Richards
Would love to see that myself too
Old 17 January 2009, 08:42 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Well we pulled it off again today. I read an article on friday about slir alcox fergusbun, slating man city and chealski for there EXPENSIVE signings. What a joke, that **** head started it all, with his 28 mill for Veron and he was the ringleader of it all, Huge wages/ Massivley expensive signings. Still no sign of a signing for the Arsen though, i heard we were after some monster of a french centre half (oh god french again) has wenger got shares in the french youth team. I'm still waiting for Villa (good side, with history) to slip up. As it's now a fight for fourth.
Old 17 January 2009, 11:37 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

great first half, good start to 2nd but not wanting to put hull to bed was shocking and almost cost us.
No arguements B2Z, them players were shocking djourou and clichy especially.

Arshavin isnt the answer to everything but its the answer to question 1 part 1, creativity! Lack of today. RVP played well,yet quiet.

Given up on wanting big name signings now. heard we have a 12yo lined up
Old 18 January 2009, 03:05 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by **************
Until they replace Vieira/Gilberto they are going to be screwed and I can't believe Wenger doesn't see that.
Add to that list, Edu, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Adams, Dixon, Ljungberg and even Campbell, Flamini, Hleb.

Christ you've let some fine players go unreplaced, imo if it were not for Wenger you'd be mid table with your current squad, another manager may have bought players but wouldn't have had them playing such stylish football, a double edged sword in some ways.

For all the talk of Chelsea and for this season, Liverpool, Arsenal were/have always been United' biggest rivals in the last 12 years.
Old 18 January 2009, 12:34 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
For all the talk of Chelsea and for this season, Liverpool, Arsenal were/have always been United' biggest rivals in the last 12 years.
Is the sun getting to you down there?
Old 18 January 2009, 01:01 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I wondered where you had got to, those comments were sure to bring you out

It's all true

And yes it's fookin hot
Old 18 January 2009, 04:19 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular