Styling Exterior styling

VEILSIDE SCOOB

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2004, 07:56 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VEILSIDE SCOOB

Ok just splashed out on a veilside kit for my scoob.

does anyone have one fitted.

have you had any problems with it fitting/strengh/quality?

it cost enough so i am hoping it should slide straight on.

jo

and pics can be found here

http://www.pbase.com/scoobyguy22/galleries

Last edited by scoobyguy22; 27 October 2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 13 July 2004, 08:13 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

what do you think of the veilside kit

cant find anything on here about it does anyone have it? am i the onyone??? cant be
Old 14 July 2004, 08:21 AM
sarahbee
Scooby Regular

I like the Veilside kit for the scoob. Some bits are a bit extreme but then again it adds difference to the car.
I wish we could of afforded it but didn't want to spend that amount of money.

Sarah
Old 14 July 2004, 08:51 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

been reading bit's on a FTO site about veilside,some say quality not that good and fair bit of cracking on fixing mount's and on rear spoiler's
Old 14 July 2004, 10:37 AM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

if it is a real veilside kit itll pretty much fit first time with no problems. If its a replica you may need to put a bit of work in to get it to fit.

Type K styling fit a lot of veilside both genuine and replica www.typekstyling.com
Old 15 July 2004, 08:35 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

if it's a replica of a real veilside than it should be the same as the real original,but i've heard on a mr2 site the opposite you want to get a replica because it'll be better quality
Old 17 July 2004, 11:58 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

it is a genuine kit imported about a week ogo from a fresh batch of molding from veilside. i got it through nemesis performance very helpfull people.

if you check out the veilside site it tells you how they make the kits they use corbon fibre as well as fibreglass and ensure that it will fit straight on.

FTO veilside kits!!! well you can buy a reproduction one in this country. and it does not fit that well as i was looking into geting one when i had an FTO.go for the real thing.

will let you know how things go and get some pictures posted.I also have some magazine shoots sorted out.

hope to get this car finished soon but am busy at work for the next few months. after the kit is fitted i want to finish off the interior. getting a leather retrim. and fitting the sound sytem/entertainment. i have fitted 18"s allready K2's. and thats it should be finished.

Last edited by scoobyguy22; 18 July 2004 at 12:06 AM.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:26 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

the FTO veilside kit's i mention were the real deal not repo,just because they use cArbon as well doesn't mean they fit straight on ,
Old 23 July 2004, 10:05 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

got the kit it looks great. nice finish and very solid. will be about 3 weeks till it done and on my car.

Jo

DJ73 I have been reading some of your posts. it seams you do nothing but post crap about anything people are talking about.

this is an original veilside kit freshly moulded. all kits need some work no matter how good
but his is the best kit about and no reproduction kit is going to better it. your posts do not help me at all. i am not interested in FTO bumpers or toyota. and the only place to get a real veilside kit for these car is either Japan. or nemesis performance. all the rest are cheap copys.

Last edited by scoobyguy22; 23 July 2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old 15 September 2004, 09:25 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

its on the car!!!!! had it done at subaru. they did a very very good job i cant falt a thing with it. I will try and get some pics and post them up.

Jo
Old 16 September 2004, 10:27 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

you TIT, you posted asking for information on the veilside kit for fitting/strength/quality and i answered with what i've read off other site's,if you don't like it fooking tough but you still don't get the point,IF you COPY a PROPER veilside IT WILL FIT the SAME as the one YOU have COPIED,just the same if you photo copy a picture or does that not come out the same cos it's a copy,**** my crap post's SO does half the other people on here INCLUDING YOU(read above)
Old 16 September 2004, 10:46 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well Im looking foreward to seeing it Jo, hurry up with the pics
Old 16 September 2004, 11:35 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

DJ73 simply grow up!!!!! all i know is that if i take a Van Gogh put it in a machine and copy it is not going to be the same as having the original......ignore hit

rob will get some pics this weekend. were is the best place to host pics on the web?

j

Last edited by scoobyguy22; 16 September 2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 18 September 2004, 05:40 PM
Stiff
Scooby Regular

photobucket.com are pretty good. Get them pics up! I love these kits it's a pity about the price or I would think about having one.
Old 18 September 2004, 10:37 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

SG22,if you copy a original "van Goth" the copy will be the same as the original,they are BOTH going to look the SAME,just the SAME if you copied a original veilside kit your copie's will be THE SAME AS the ORIGINAL'S,R O'neill is that right Y/N
BUT before you started giving me **** about my post's i bet you didn't even go on the site's i mentioned to see for yourself,you paid load's for that kit and your p1ssed that i've mentioned a negitive or sh1tty reply
Old 19 September 2004, 11:14 AM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Dont know, never copied anything
Yes, you are more or less right, but the kit from the veilside mould will warp slightly, so if you make a mould from that then it will be a bit warped again, etc...etc....
Old 20 September 2004, 08:12 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

Warp ??? how will the kit from veilside be warped slightly ?.If you don't copy anything ? how do you reproduce your kit's
Old 20 September 2004, 07:03 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Whoa there! Calm down please or thread will be locked.
Old 20 September 2004, 09:09 PM
Power Junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A copy will never be as good as the original, for every generation on there will be added defects. if you photocopy a Van Gogh it will be nothing like the original due to the 2D aspect of the copier, no paint layers...

I cant wait to see the pics
Old 20 September 2004, 10:39 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

the original might be made out clay or foam or even wood just to make the mould,off one mould veilside can make as many as they want,(i don't where these added defect's will come from?????) all you are buying is the veilside name any grp company could make their bit's
Old 21 September 2004, 09:02 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

PICTURES!!!

Old 21 September 2004, 03:38 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by DJ73
the original might be made out clay or foam or even wood just to make the mould,off one mould veilside can make as many as they want,(i don't where these added defect's will come from?????) all you are buying is the veilside name any grp company could make their bit's
All I was trying to say was, when the part is removed from the mould, it may shrink, change shape very slightly as it continues to cure (its impractical to leave the part in the mould for a few weeks!), so, take a mould from that, and, and then make a replica from that again, it deforms slightly again, you MAY have some minor fitting issues. And if the replica is then copied by someone else, ..........etc.....etc.. This will be exagerated on larger parts.
Do you see what I mean?

And your not just buying the Veilside name, your paying for the hundreds of hours that went into sculpting the kit to start with, then some cheeky barsteward copies it!
Old 22 September 2004, 04:30 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

getting there guys getting there. i work for rockstargames and am just finishing of modeling cars for GTA San Andreas so its all go this week. i am hoping to get some pics soon! I took some with my phone but they are not great res. promise i will get it done for the weekend. In fact my flat mate has some pics from when we picked it up so will try post them tonight from my flat. sorry to keep you guys waiting just real busy finishing off GTA for all you GTA fans

JO

PS the ignore DJ73 button is working well!

Last edited by scoobyguy22; 22 September 2004 at 04:45 PM.
Old 22 September 2004, 10:21 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

LOL - yeah the rest now!
But the state/quality of the nose has really put me off getting the rest

Required so much filling and REPAIRING before fitting - must have used 4 pounds of filler between the lights on that not very flat piece
Got it finished 04.00 on the morning of the 10th big meet
onder2: fto owner's club forum
Rob,no one has mentioned copying the copy of a copy of a copy of a copy etc etc,all i said was if you took A mould OFF A VEILSIDE kit the copies WILL be the SAME as the original and if your not sure of the fit you would defo try it on the car to see what it's like and make any change's,the price(cost in hours) of designing the kit you get back when you sell your kit but what would happen if they only sold 1 what would be the price be?,what if they sold 1000's does the price come down, NO,that's the risk they take by making that design,what would they do if nobody wanted it who would pay for the man hour's then?? YOU know because you do your own design's,why do you not charge more for your kit's
**** your ignore DJ button ,YOU asked for info,Can't handle it
Old 23 September 2004, 10:55 AM
Power Junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone say something
If you need any game testers at rokstar let me know
or if you need someone to record Love Fist Tracks let me know

Pics
Old 26 September 2004, 10:47 AM
gWRXm
Scooby Regular

i have got that bumper, it is going on at the end of the week. Where did you get hold of the indicators?
Old 29 September 2004, 09:06 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

DJ, take a little more water with it please

I think Rob's explained why a copy will be different. We live in an analogue world, and things don't work (mould/release/set) perfectly hence there will be a difference in a copy.

Besides, in manufacturing, moulds only last for so many impressions - irrespective of what you're making. Even metal casts degrade to the point that they have to be thrown away. Ask Rega why they replaced their wonderful near trademark heat sinks on their home audio with a simple box style... Yup, the moulds were no longer able to give good casts

If your mould is produced off a first generation part (with the unavoidable differences that Rob has mentioned), it will be different from the original mould. End of story.

Just chill, don't try and convert people to your thinking, and get on with life without kicking off
Cheers,
Nick.
Old 29 September 2004, 11:15 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

here we go again!!!!,
Chiark, please go back to the first page and please read it, he has ask for info on veilside kit's, i responded with a normal reply with what i thought was good info that is on other car site's with other people BUYING PROPER not copie's but PROPER veilside kit's and having some MOJOR problem's,he didn't like it,SO don't be having a POP at me and having your 10p worth,i know excactly what Rob's saying
Old 30 September 2004, 08:47 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

DJ, I can read. I know what he was asking for, and yes your input is valuable.

I am not having a POP, I am ASKING you to CHILL OUT and AVOID the abusive responses, that's ALL

Group hug anyone?
Old 03 October 2004, 03:25 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

sham-on, wheres the pictures? its been nearly two weeks

the ones from your phone will do for now,

a games designer who can't post pics

Quick Reply: VEILSIDE SCOOB