Styling Exterior styling

Rear Spats + Side skirt removal

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2007, 09:44 PM
cabbythompo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spats + Side skirt removal

Tried taking off my rear spats today, couldnt get hem off?? whats the trick? i undid the two screws but couldnt seem to get them apart??

Gotta take the skirts off too!!
Old 13 November 2007, 10:28 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Skirts: Each is in two parts, undo the clip inside the wheel arch, (pick the pin out of the centre with a sharp point, then lever the clip up with a flat blade, eg, screwdriver). Then undo all the bolts along the bottom, (soak 'em well in WD40 first), and chuck the bolts away, replace them with stainless roofing bolts available from Screwfix or a bolt and nut stockist, (Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for UK businesses). then the skirts have to be gently prised off the clips that hold it along the top.

Spats: not easy, this. I think there are the centre pin clips at front in the wheel arch and under the rear, (but haven't done mine in ages). Then there is, IIRC a bolt and nut inside the wheel arch, and finally, the whole skirt SLIDES off rearwards. It's a PIG to shift if you've not done it before, and you'll lose skin doing it when it SUDDENLY moves, but persevere.

If you break any clips, don't worry, they are really cheap from scoob dealers who will post to you if they aren't in stock. Mine took two days to come. I even ordered over the phone, describing what I wanted and the parts guy was very helpful.

Alcazar