Styling Exterior styling

scoobyworld spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2008, 10:18 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scoobyworld spoiler

Has anyone had one of the new PU spoilers from scoobyworld, I would like to know your opinions on these and also would like to see a picture of the brakelight, it is stated as smoked but they have no stock at present so cannot email me any pictures, as it a toss up between one of these new or a genuine 2nd hand one for me, I however am in no rush as will fit one when my insurance is due for renewal in July. If I do get a genuine one what is involved in fitting as I believe it uses a lot more fixings than any repro ones Any info appreciated.

Darren
Old 28 April 2008, 11:23 PM
GregA
Scooby Newbie

Darren

Fitted one of Scoobyworlds' WRC (STI 5 style) PU spoilers to my '06 Blobeye last weekend, must admit, I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the spoiler and of the finish. It has a good, solid feel to it and in no way appears cheap or flimsy like some fibreglass rep's do, the brakelight is lightly smoked and is longer than the light found in the std spoiler or the STI offering. Fitting is fairly straight forward using the supplied kit. The only problem I encountered was that when it came to drilling the outermost holes, the pair on the leading edge of the base come in directly above the boot seal. As the spoiler is a near perfect fit on the deck, I simply left these two bolts out and plugged the holes I'd drilled as not to compromise the seal.

Overall, well worth the money and totally transforms the look of the car, will get some pics up soon.
Old 29 April 2008, 12:57 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

quick update - new batch of STI8 style spoilers arrived into stock this morning, just over half gone already though on backorders.

Greg - pleased you are happy with the spoiler

Neil
Welcome to Scooby world