Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

CLASSIC SCOOB WITH 2:5 FORGED ENGINE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2024, 09:31 PM
Cspeedie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default CLASSIC SCOOB WITH 2:5 FORGED ENGINE!!!

Hello,
i haven’t posted for ages but still browse the chat from time to time. I am based in Scotland and have a red Spec C STI which comes to Isle of Man most years,I usually post pics ,the one that has had the sun visor signed by Jimmy Mcrae.
However,the Spec C will never be for sale but my classic is as i have committed to buy another very rare car in 2 months.
On paper it is an imported WRX but this one has a fantastic 2:5 cc built forged engine that pulls like a train and has switchable maps running around 280 or 320 bhp. I bought it two years ago as i am a sucker for a white Scoob and as usual have spent a fortune on the car ,improving,ironing out niggles etc. The car is now absolutely cracking and is so compliant,is so easy to drive yet goes very well and sounds like a proper impreza. This is all down to me being a car fanatic and spending too much money on cars / bikes for 30 years!
I would not be selling due to the way the car is now and the money thrown at it but i need the space for the next car coming.
So,i basically bought it two years ago with no engine in it from a friend who runs Unit 8 performance,formally known as RA Motorsport in Perth Scotland. He will also be able to talk anyone through the car as he has done 99% of the work and maintenance over the years and he built the engine.
The car had every panel painted,not a shell respray, and he fitted the engine he had built in 2015. The forged lump has only done around 15,000-20,000 miles in that time and that includes the 2,000 that i have done in two years. At the time he also fitted new standard brakes all round,new fuel pump,new battery,etc etc.
I never really took to the car straight away but it was my wifes favourite as it is comfortable on standard suspension unlike the spec c or our RS 200 Clio.
However,i stuck with it,spent money,improved on this and that and finally it is a cracking car now but i can’t keep them all so here are some of the stats.
114,000 on the clock but just about everything is new or reconditioned!
Imported in December 2003
Timing belt job done in March this year 1,000 miles ago.
Cylinder heads ,gaskets and all that goes with it done in June this year! Engine removed,heads skimmed,anything that needed replaced was done at this point.
Reconditioned gearbox,diff and driveshafts fitted in August 2023
Underside rubbed down by hand and treated with dinitrol,undersealed.
All my cars go off the road for 5 months over winter but still had the job done anyway.
Steering line up in March 2024 as wheel was slightly off centre.
Clutch,flywheel,loads of other jobs / maintenance late Feb this year.
Service and M O T’d through the same company .
i have receipts for everything done since i got the car,even the radio / bluetooth head unit that went in 5 months ago. I will try to upload all the pictures i took this week and of all the invoices.
The car is solid and i obviously wouldn’t have spent £4,000 in two years if it was a rot box! It came to the TT races this year and got loads of attention due to the looks ,sound and how it goes .
I don’t have any service records before i got it but as i said,it is a built engine fitted anyway and all the receipts are there for the work i have had done.
I am open to sensible bids but any silly offers will not be entertained.
I will be advertising it on this site,a Scottish Subaru owners club and maybe a few other sites at £10,000
i know it isn’t a super rare model,Type R ,Sti Version whatever but this car goes like the clappers,looks the business,sounds great and has had loads of money spent on it!

Last edited by Cspeedie; 08 August 2024 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Price Drop £10,000