Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

HSD monopro coilovers for newage, rough condition

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2017, 02:24 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HSD monopro coilovers for newage, rough condition

NOW SOLD!

I found them too hard for daily use on our crappy roads, but they would still be good for a track/drift project car, or for those with better tarmac to play on. I was the third owner so they have seen better days.

Looking for £250, prefer collection from Kent (TN15). Will post at cost price if necessary, but they are heavy so it'll be £20+. Will stick them on ebay at the end of the month if they don't sell here.

Should fit any newage with 5x100 PCD hubs, I had them on my blob wagon even though they are made for saloons. Not sure if they'll fit Foresters or other cars. Driftworks page for them is https://www.driftworks.com/hsd-hr-gdb-5x100.html

These pics are from when I got them, and I replaced a pair of the springs.

Last edited by boggissimo; 30 August 2017 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 11 July 2017, 03:20 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey there, any idea on rough milege on them? Or have they been to the moon and back?
Old 11 July 2017, 03:32 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Filski
Hey there, any idea on rough milege on them? Or have they been to the moon and back?
I did about 7K miles on them, including about an hour on a track day. Afraid I have no idea what they did before they came to me!
Old 19 July 2017, 11:27 AM
mph123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate, what sort of condition mechanically are these in? Any knocks or bangs? Dampers work ok? Any leaks? etc. Cheers
Old 19 July 2017, 12:18 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mph123
Hi mate, what sort of condition mechanically are these in? Any knocks or bangs? Dampers work ok? Any leaks? etc. Cheers
I took them off the car last year, and at the time they didn't have any leaks. Since they have been sat in my garage since, I wouldn't expect any to have developed.

I did get some knocking (asked about it in this thread: https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...coilovers.html) and the consensus was that it was probably from the rear top mounts. A group buy came up on MeisterR coilovers at about that time so I jumped ship and bought them new.

So I wouldn't say they are perfect, but that's reflected in the price. Spares/replacement parts are available but I was fed up with them and went for brand new instead of putting more money into them to troubleshoot.
Old 27 July 2017, 02:22 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Bump, any takers? Will be going on eBay soon...
Old 27 July 2017, 03:58 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by boggissimo
I took them off the car last year, and at the time they didn't have any leaks. Since they have been sat in my garage since, I wouldn't expect any to have developed.

I did get some knocking (asked about it in this thread: https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...coilovers.html) and the consensus was that it was probably from the rear top mounts. A group buy came up on MeisterR coilovers at about that time so I jumped ship and bought them new.

So I wouldn't say they are perfect, but that's reflected in the price. Spares/replacement parts are available but I was fed up with them and went for brand new instead of putting more money into them to troubleshoot.
How do you find the miesters over these? Night and day?
As some people rate hsd for some reason
Old 27 July 2017, 05:08 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
How do you find the miesters over these? Night and day?
As some people rate hsd for some reason
I found the HSDs too stiff for normal road use. My wife also hated them! I had them set to the softest setting and they were still very firm, although I enjoyed them on track. It's like having a shower where even on the coldest setting, it's about as hot as you can handle.

The MeisterRs are much more in the range where they are comfy on normal roads, but can be made harder for track use. I usually have them on 24 from hardest for road, and had them on 10-12 from hardest for the track session I did earlier in the year. Hope to get a trackday in the autumn to play about it a bit more with them.
Old 28 July 2017, 11:49 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Now listed on eBay, item not yet live but will be this evening:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/182690242540?
Old 23 August 2017, 09:05 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Item sold a couple of weeks ago, but the buyer didn't pay, so I've relisted on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/182729036525

Happy to take the auction down if someone wants to make me a sensible offer...
Old 30 August 2017, 09:03 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Now sold.