Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

EBC BLUE NDX - SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2013, 10:35 PM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC BLUE NDX - SOLD

Hi Guys

I bought EBC blue ndx front pads for newage brembo
After couple of days I've realized this isn't for me - I need sort of normal day to day pads
I paid 155£ and only want 55£ + 5£ postage

Pm if interested
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08424.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	11176   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08419.jpg
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	11177   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08423.jpg
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	11178   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08422.jpg
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	11179   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08421.jpg
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	11180  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08420.jpg
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	11181  

Last edited by Streetracersti; 15 February 2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12 February 2013, 04:31 AM
Mau_BR
Scooby Regular

How much to post them to Brazil, zip code 07121-070?
Thanks
Old 12 February 2013, 09:19 AM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mau_BR
How much to post them to Brazil, zip code 07121-070?
Thanks
92 pounds for shipping to your place
Old 12 February 2013, 10:34 AM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Hi streetracer, I was thinking about getting these NDX pads which would be for day to day use also, do you mind if I ask what you weren't keen on about them? That's a good price for them, did you look at the orange stuff specs ?

Nick
Old 12 February 2013, 10:00 PM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nicky284
Hi streetracer, I was thinking about getting these NDX pads which would be for day to day use also, do you mind if I ask what you weren't keen on about them? That's a good price for them, did you look at the orange stuff specs ?

Nick
Hi Nick

Ebc blue have to be worm up to get full potential out of them , and in my circumstances I can't have any " Track day" pads as distance I travel.

Orange stuff - next step up after Blue ndx . I'd try blue first and if U like it then move to orange

Streetracer
Old 12 February 2013, 10:33 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

go to euro car parts and try there pagid pads, i tried few different pads over years and was recommended these couldnt believe how good these are and no fade yet. best bit on offer i paid 25quid ,dont let price put you off
Old 13 February 2013, 11:03 AM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Hi streetracer, thanks for your reply regarding the pads, if you've still got them and don't mind waiting until Friday (payday) for payment then I'd like them. They are for the brembo sti calipers aren't they ? I've got a 2004 sti type uk with the gold brakes.

Cheers
Nick

Trending Topics

Old 13 February 2013, 11:09 AM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Hi maydew, I have the euro parts pagids fitted at the moment and like you say for the money there good pads for everyday and fast road use, I just want to try a set of updated pads to see what I prefer or if I can notice any difference. Don't know if I'd pay £150 though but for £55 ill try them.
Are the pagids Kevlar pads ?

Nick
Old 13 February 2013, 11:12 AM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

Hi streetracer, thanks for your reply regarding the pads, if you've still got them and don't mind waiting until Friday (payday) for payment then I'd like them. They are for the brembo sti calipers aren't they ? I've got a 2004 sti type uk with the gold brakes.

Cheers
Nick
yeap , still got them , and they will fit your brembo's
Speak U friday
Old 13 February 2013, 11:35 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetracersti
Hi Nick

Ebc blue have to be worm up to get full potential out of them , and in my circumstances I can't have any " Track day" pads as distance I travel.

Orange stuff - next step up after Blue ndx . I'd try blue first and if U like it then move to orange

Streetracer
Incorrect, the blue ndx are good when cold as to when they are warm and IMO I would say they are not overkill for roads just right.
The orange are same but last longer apparently but I fecked orange quicker than blues
I would rate the blue better than orange IMO.

Originally Posted by maydew
go to euro car parts and try there pagid pads, i tried few different pads over years and was recommended these couldnt believe how good these are and no fade yet. best bit on offer i paid 25quid ,dont let price put you off
absolutely spot on, there are a very good pad for the money and win over kevlars anyday IMO.
Old 13 February 2013, 04:51 PM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Thanks streetracer, whereabouts are you ? I can collect if your not to far, if not ill message you on Friday.

Bustamoves, what did you think about the ebc blues over the euro car parts pagids ? Is your car a road car or a track car ?

Nick
Old 13 February 2013, 10:25 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks streetracer, whereabouts are you ? I can collect if your not to far, if not ill message you on Friday.

Bustamoves, what did you think about the ebc blues over the euro car parts pagids ? Is your car a road car or a track car ?

Nick
Tbh havnt tried the pagids I'm more of a hardcore pad man, but I have mates that have tried them amongst the others and swear by them for a cheap pad and I've no reason to doubt them and tried their cars myself and was impressed for a £30 pad. Although I don't know what there like on track type of driving, but for fast rd they are spot on. Was tempted to buy some for rd but a spirited Sunday drive with lads I thought I'm more confident with my current pads
Old 15 February 2013, 09:09 AM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

SOLD
Old 15 February 2013, 09:26 AM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Tom. I just got home so gonna fit them now and then go out and see what there like. Great price too, they are like new

Nick

Thanks for your opinion bustamoves, I'll update this thread later with an initial impression
Old 22 February 2013, 07:55 PM
Streetracersti
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tom. I just got home so gonna fit them now and then go out and see what there like. Great price too, they are like new

Nick

Thanks for your opinion bustamoves, I'll update this thread later with an initial impression
Hi Nick
So ,what's your first impression on this pads- do you like them ? - give us your feedback please

Tom
Old 23 February 2013, 10:57 AM
nicky284
Scooby Newbie

Hi Tom, first impressions are good. I haven't really had a chance to get them upto temp and use them hard this week but bite from cold seems no different to the pagids I had fitted from euro car parts which I was pleased with. Did they squeal under light braking when you had them from new ? I only ask because the pagids I had did but after a couple of thousand miles general road use they stopped. I thought the blue stuff NDX would squeal but they're very quiet! I saw they come with a shim on the backing plates which I brushed with copper slip, whilst everything was apart I wire brushed the sliding pins and cleaned everything up with brake cleaner, when everything was back together I gave the car a good clean and spent some extra time on the wheels so I could see what the brake dust was like over the next couple of weeks.
I really like the feel of these brakes, for stop start road use they're not to sharp but when you're slowing down from higher speeds theres lots of feel through the pedal and they seem to have a lot more stopping power when you need it compared to the pagids. You need to squeeze the pedal quite firmly but I prefer this as the extra movement makes it easier IMO to balance the car in turn getting the most out of the brake setup. So really pleased with them so far

Nick
Old 23 February 2013, 12:15 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

I've done Cadwell Park and Spa, both open pit lane on the same set of these pads, they performed brilliantly and still going! With PF discs also.