Damaged Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2014, 07:56 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damaged Corner

Hi

Someone has damaged the corner of my car by hitting my front offside wheel which buckled the top inwards and I'm told the suspension components and steering rack need replacing and the costs are mounting up presumably because they are using Subaru prices and that the cost of testing probably outweighs the cost of replacement.

I'm not convinced that the lower parts are damaged because it was effectively the top of the wheel which got hit which broke my strut leaving the top of the wheel bent into the wheel arch.

I've previously had the Powerstation Stage 3 T25 kit installed although I've since moved onto BCs in lieu of the ASTs which have got to be seriously cheaper than the standard Subaru bits.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper than standard source for these possibly damaged components? I suppose, whilst typing this, part of the answer lies in going back to Powerstation but I would be interested in hearing any alternatives to help keep the costs reasonable as I'm concerned the insurance company may try to write it off for a stupid knock.

Also thinking of changing the BC for Racing Logic based on this thread.
https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...for-money.html