Notices

Kyb agx , or bc coilovers , or other

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2014, 05:26 PM
supshon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyb agx , or bc coilovers , or other

I am about to purchase some shocks for my 1997 wrx wagon , currently on standard shocks and eibach pro springs , I've done a search but lots of mixed reviews on all , have £700 to spend Would like to get the coilovers but bit confused with , spring rates and settings etc any help choosing what to go for would be great so I can get them ordered

Last edited by supshon; 12 June 2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12 June 2014, 05:43 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Meister R are doing a group buy inside your budget and the chap that's running it seems to know what he's talking about and is quite helpful, pop over to the group buy section and check it out, i've got no idea how good they are but like I said he's helpful so ask some questions about spring and damping rates etc for your requirements and i'm sure he'll respond.
Old 12 June 2014, 09:25 PM
supshon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Meister R are doing a group buy inside your budget and the chap that's running it seems to know what he's talking about and is quite helpful, pop over to the group buy section and check it out, i've got no idea how good they are but like I said he's helpful so ask some questions about spring and damping rates etc for your requirements and i'm sure he'll respond.
Thanks ditch , had a look and they look good similar to the bc coilovers , I'm thinking I might go with the kyb agx shocks and use my eibach pro springs , as I've heard they are a good set up , still not 100% sure yet though decisions decisions
Old 12 June 2014, 09:59 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had AGX shocks with whiteline springs and they were a good road set-up. I've been in a car with BCs which were very firm and not bad for road use but definately suited to track use. I now have Meister Rs and they are very easy to live with day to day but with the adjustability to make them good for the odd track day - I wouldn't go back to AGX after using these.

All my experience is on a newage but all very similar cars weight wise so a decent comparison
Old 13 June 2014, 08:16 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by supshon
Thanks ditch , had a look and they look good similar to the bc coilovers , I'm thinking I might go with the kyb agx shocks and use my eibach pro springs , as I've heard they are a good set up , still not 100% sure yet though decisions decisions
I'd follow what Jon above suggested if I were you, Bc's are apparently ok but there is nothing like being able to have a discussion and getting the right damper and spring rates for your requirements, which I believe is possible with the Miester R's, may well be possible with the BC's but i've not fully read their thread and think they come in batches from japan in a container.

Anyhow the information is all on here so happy hunting.
Old 13 June 2014, 09:09 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I think you can specify different spring rates for BCs the same as Meister Rs but the MRs seem to be better valved for UK roads
Old 13 June 2014, 10:18 AM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also worth considering is the after sales service. My mechanic runs BCs on his 200sx and says they're well built at that price point. More importantly he tells me their after sales is also impressive. Units can be sent back for rebuilds etc. In contrast, the once popular Tein units didn't have the same level of after care.
Old 13 June 2014, 10:39 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

I've heard some horror stories about Tein rebuilds, it seems the customer service for the cheaper end sets seems better
Old 13 June 2014, 07:47 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Lets just say I get a lot of sales from Tein owners…
Long turn over and ridiculous price to the point that most owners actually bin the Tein and just buy a new set of MeisterR.

And in case you want to know, we do service MeisterR in the UK and all parts are replaceable if necessary.
If you are interested in some high end product to compete with suspension like Ohlins DFV, we have the GT1 coilovers that are fully engineered and hand build in the UK.

Jerrick