Notices

meister D.C.S Zeta coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2014, 09:44 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default meister D.C.S Zeta coilovers

do you know if you can replace the rear solid bearing top mounts with rubber ones to give a smoother ride please?

(bugeye)

thanks
Ian

Last edited by Ian; 30 July 2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 31 July 2014, 04:54 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got bc's with solid top mounts and after rear strut fitment that clicking voice from rear gone.
I have no idea how it helps but im happy with.
I won auction for 23 quid on ebay,that one with pink ends if You would try
Old 31 July 2014, 10:27 AM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is from a member on here who bought Meister- R coilovers from a group buy on here. This is his thoughts:
"Bit of a delay getting the coilovers fitted as I have been really busy with work but finally they are on:

Well Suspension has been fitted for a few hundred miles now and overall I am very happy. It obviously handles better, there is less roll and the car seems more controlled over bumps. Although I think this isn't quite a fair comparison as I do believe the suspension that the coilovers replaced was original so was 13 years old and had done 45k miles. I did have some problems initially with knocking from the rear (my car has the earlier Meister R DCS zeta kit for information) this was traced to the solid topmounts and a torque up on the four camber adjustment bolts solved this (however I did strip one down to its component parts to check everything but found no other problems (Meister R have since changed the design to have rubber topmounts so sure this has all been sorted if you buy a kit from them now) I still have a few odd noises from the rear at low speed but find these more than acceptable. Road noise has increased especially at the rear but again not so it is intrusive it is just louder (again suspect this would be better with the later kits) and I would say that the car is no more harsh with road surfaces/general driving than it was before if anything it is a touch better and suspect this will only improve once it has a complete geometery check and setup. Considering the price I paid (was £450 as was the old kits under clearance) they have been a great improvement to the car and so far the quality seems very good".

From this thread - https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ugeye-sti.html
Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.

Last edited by User 21721; 31 July 2014 at 10:30 AM.