Notices

Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2003, 05:13 PM
WaynieWonder
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, new to the site as I've just bought my first Scooby. Its an import 1996 WRX and drives like nothing I've ever sat in before however, I'm hearing two noises coming from under the car whenever I go over bumps. One is from the front drivers side and the other from the rear left. The dealer said the noise from the rear is the aftermarket exhaust knocking and the one from the front is because the suspension has been lowered (they say they've changed the bushes) and will not go away. I'm thinking of taking it into a garage to have it checked properly as I'm clueless as to where to start myself. Do any of you know of any good garages hopefully within 50 miles of NW London that would be able to help me out? I love the car but don't want to get stuck with a serious problem. I am also a member of the AA and I've heard you can pay them to send someone out to check your vehicle. Not sure about how good they would be though. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
PS Sorry to be so long winded.
Old 05 April 2003, 11:56 AM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w, it could be any number of things. you just need to check everything. it could be a worn suspension bush, exhaust bush, ball joint, etc. if you go here to the technical drawing for the impreza you'll see most of the bushes that need inspecting. failing that, i would say the most common problem is springs (especially if its been lowered) which you may have to ive with.