Notices

Eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2003, 11:40 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just ordered some eibachs for my MY01 WRX which will hopefully arive today.

I made sure that I ordered the "newer" set which lower the car slightly more than the "older" ones (or so I understand )

Being a novice, how can I tell that I've got the right ones. Any markings on the box to look for?

Cheers

Chris
Old 14 April 2003, 01:37 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

O.K. Springs just arrived, hoping to have them fitted tomorrow subject to wheels ariving.

The part number on the invoice from Eibach says 10-77-002-03-22 Prokit Subaru Impreza 2001.

The springs are black, can someone confirm that these are definately the later verision of the springs before I have them fitted.

Cheers

Chris
Old 14 April 2003, 06:14 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Smile

Chris

Checked the part number against what is advertised in the current Demon Tweeks catalogue and it is the correct part number for an MY01.
Hope have fun with them

Richard
Old 15 April 2003, 08:17 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Thanks Richard,

problem is........... I think there are two correct part numbers for MY01/02's. There were an earlier set of springs and another set released a bit later. I want to check that I've got the latest set.

Anyone actually fitted the latest springs to a MY01

Cheers

Chris
Old 15 April 2003, 08:24 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Where did you get the springs from? IIRC, the 1st set of Eibach springs for the WRX were recalled due to a problem so you should have the new ones.

(not to be confused with the MY01/02 Prodrive Eibach springs and the old <MY01 Prokit Eibach springs )

Matt
Old 15 April 2003, 09:32 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

OK Matt, now you've confused me although that doesn't take much

They are not the Prodrive/Eibachs as I presume you can only get these from dealers.

I got them from Scoobyworld, its not that I don't trust them because I do implicity and to date, their service has been second to none, I'm well impressed.

I'm just a bit pedantic and don't want to shell out having them fitted if they aren't the right ones.

Cheers

Chris
Old 15 April 2003, 12:48 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

OK,

IIRC it went something like this:

1. Pre MY01 cars could have fitted the Eibach Pro Kit springs from various (not dealers) places. These were not to be confused with the Prodrive PPP Suspension Pack which consisted of Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers (which were only available together as a package from dealers)

2. Prodrive brough out new springs, made by Eibach for the MY01 WRX which you could/can only get from dealers

3. People fitted both the old Pro Kit (designed for Pre MY01) springs and the Prodrive MY01 springs to their WRX's as the old springs seems to work well on the new car, even though they weren't designed for them

4. Eibach in conjuction with TSL brought out some new springs for the WRX which were then withdrawn (don't know why)

5. Eibach then brought out a new set of springs billed as being for the WRX and the STi (but in reality, they are (IMHO) only really suited to the WRX (as you can't really design a spring which which works well for both)). This is what I suspect you've bought and are available from all Eibach dealers

6. Prodrive (last week) released the new Eibach springs for the MY02/STi 7

Does this help?

Matt
Old 15 April 2003, 03:25 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt,

hoping I've got number 5 on your list but I guess there's no real way of knowing

Cheers anyway

Chris