Notices

Leda Install

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2003, 12:11 AM
phildoewrx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I purchased a set of leda coilovers for my02 us spec wrx. I have to say the US distributors are not very educated. I am trying to find general settings to start with. I realize this is a UK forum, however few people in the US have Leda. I was wondering if anyone with Leda suspension in the UK had to machine the spring perches off their factory strut tops and weld on ones supplied by leda?
Old 13 November 2003, 12:23 AM
Scoty
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Hi,

I have Leda B on my 98 car.
There should be spring perches (platforms) on the Leda's already?
The bottom perch is already welded onto the Leda strut, and the top perch is removable if I remember correctly
Old 13 November 2003, 12:41 AM
phildoewrx
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply! The leda b setup I have came with instructions to re-work the rear strut tops on the 02 model. The instructions are vague to say the least. I would like to see specs instead of just pictures. I have decided to use GC8 Sti rear strut tops instead of stock, and would feel alot better with solid numbers IE...the distance between the supplied spring perch and the strut top mounting plate. I have a feeling this may be an issue with US spec wrx my02 only.
thanks again for the reply!
Old 14 November 2003, 12:47 PM
BeverleyJM
Scooby Regular

The distributor you bought this kit from is no longer on our list. Racers Edge, our main distributor in the US, is very knowledgeable on the Subaru set-up, and is far more thorough with after market sales. We normally do the top-mount conversion ourselves, but that is slightly more difficult for overseas customers, and your supplier should have taken care of that for you.
Thanks for the response to my email yesterday.
Old 14 November 2003, 05:11 PM
phildoewrx
Scooby Newbie

Hi Beverly. I recently received an Email from you. Thankyou for the info, and Karl has been very helpful. I bought the coilovers from www.ISRPerformance.com. They said they buy their coilovers directly from Leda, however have no product info nor do they know where to get product info. Might want to send Pam(their parts person) some info with their next order. ISRPerformance AKA Rennick Motorsports have two websites, but they are the same people.