Notices

decision time!

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 07:02 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decision time!

i drive a my98 uk turbo thats only done 37000. was thinking about up-rating the springs to Eibach as i like to get rid of some of the body roll in the corners. will these springs make the ride that much firmer? hopefully not, as i dont want the ride rock hard so to speak! And what about a full geometry check/reset? i know these cost about £115 so is it worth getting done or is it one of those mods that doesnt make much difference (like exhausts,apart from noise!)do i get both done or perhaps just the geometry check on its own? any feedback from people with experience of these mods would be appreciated. Thanks

matt
Old 30 April 2005, 07:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The springs will considerably firm up the ride and reduce body roll. If it's roll you're trying to control why don't you consider an uprated ARB ? I've just fitted a Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear ARB and it has improved body roll greatly without compromising ride in the slightest. When fitted I took everyones advice and had it on the middle setting, but I have now moved it to the firmest setting and I believe this is the ideal with standard springs.
This option will be much cheaper than the spring change, and is easily a DIY job even for a relative novice. You may as well uprate the droplinks whilst fitting too. You should be able to get the ARB for between £90 and £120, with links costing between £35 for steel and £80 for aluminium.
As for the geometry, changing the ARB & links won't affect it but if you feel it may be a little out then do a search on here and present the Prodrive settings to any competent wheel alignment centre to check and reset. If you're anywhere near Powerstation then get them to do it as they are the Scooby suspension Gods

I do intend to upgrade the springs, along with a front ARB and ALK, as ride is not important to me and I would like the flat cornering go-kart feel.