Notices

just a quicke

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2008, 07:24 PM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a quicke

been looking at some lowering springs and ive found some that lower the front 40mm and rear 25mm wont tht make the car look front end low with the **** in the air?? or is the rear set higher anyway so when you put these springs on it will sit level pls help im confused lol
Old 15 February 2008, 07:52 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

It's the other way round is it not? My 05 sti is higher at the front compared to the back, so any lowering springs will make it the same height front and back. As far as i know anyway.
Old 15 February 2008, 09:21 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Most subarus are set up with "rake",which means lower front than rear, and handle better because of it.

Set it too low and equal (without many other complex suspension changes) and it'll handle poorly as you'll bugger up the front and rear rollcentres. On the otherhand it would look well wikkid outside Maccy D's

Have a browse around this site - lot's of information on how to and how not to set up an impreza. Whiteline Automotive - performance handling and suspension products. car spring coil shock damper swaybar sway bar anti-sway bush bushes australia australian whiteline automotive performance road holding turn-in camber caster toe in vehicle hot 4 v8

May I compliment you once again on your very original user name

Last edited by Fat Boy; 15 February 2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 16 February 2008, 12:27 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Old 16 February 2008, 12:34 AM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

lmao wondering wt u were on bout for a min lol
Old 16 February 2008, 02:26 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Perhaps he bought FAT 80Y that used to be on a council lawnmower in Hull a few years ago ?

LOL

DunxC
Old 16 February 2008, 09:00 PM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

tht would defo be my number plate if i could afford it lol
Old 16 February 2008, 09:11 PM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Most subarus are set up with "rake",which means lower front than rear, and handle better because of it.

Set it too low and equal (without many other complex suspension changes) and it'll handle poorly as you'll bugger up the front and rear rollcentres. On the otherhand it would look well wikkid outside Maccy D's

Have a browse around this site - lot's of information on how to and how not to set up an impreza. Whiteline Automotive - performance handling and suspension products. car spring coil shock damper swaybar sway bar anti-sway bush bushes australia australian whiteline automotive performance road holding turn-in camber caster toe in vehicle hot 4 v8

May I compliment you once again on your very original user name
so if i brought some springs tht lowered the front 40mm and rear 25mm would that be ok ie it wouldnt mess the handling etc?????
if not what drop front and back would you recomend brother? lol
Old 16 February 2008, 10:06 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The eibach springs fitted by prodrive to the P1's stiV struts lowered it by about that much and definitely gave it a slight nose down stance. Probably the best handling classic out of the box. An o3 sits high and so i'd feel, but don't know for sure, that you'd be on the right track there hombre. Someone on here will.
Do your springs, get solid drop links front and rear, uprated rear arb, ALK and a professional geometry set up and you won't recognise your car.

I have FAT BOY plates which I used to use on track for the benefit of IM/ Subaru UK back when I had a warranty. I've only forgotten once or twice to swap back my road plates before driving home afterwards

Name came from rugby days of 20+ years ago = I'm circa 6 foot 1 or 2 and about 16.5 stone - so not a complete porker, but not exactly Kate Moss either...
Old 17 February 2008, 12:33 PM
fat_boy
Scooby Regular

lmao i was 18.5 stone when i was 16 so i just kind of stuck lol lost it all now though thank god im 12.5 now but its still my nickname every1 is like why they call u tht your not even fat lol then i have to explain would love the proper plate though
cheers for the help mate
Old 17 February 2008, 05:14 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

No probs.

I get the " Hey, you're not that fat, actually" thing when people meet me now....which allows me to say WTF do you mean by "...not that fat..." :mad