Notices

anti roll bars

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2008, 04:07 PM
fireblade37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anti roll bars

Well after searching and reading lots of posts i thought i would get some prices on

whiteline--
24mm adjustable rear
22mm front
solid drop links rear
front links

Got a reply back from demontweeks and it went like this,

One point i would make though is that the rear arb you have chosen is the xx h/d race adj bar so will make the back of the car quite nervous when matched with the h/d front, most people use either the h/d 20mm or x h/d 22mm rear.

Now that through a spanner in
I presume he knows what hes on about?? well probably more than i do.

Any help please, oh road use only.

thanks
Old 30 October 2008, 04:48 PM
Bikebloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

This suspention settng thing is a bit of a black art. I was informed that if i went with a 24mm adjustable arb on the rear and Eiback pro springs on my 02 STI for a budjet set up that would be a good fast rd set up. Fr arb not really needed on the STI Aparently? The plan worked i get just about the rigiht amount of lift off oversteer i like and made up with the turn in. The car feels very good and i do like pushing it and trying different lines. It just sits there. Thing is all of us have different driving styles so my set up may not work for some and so on. The info you have been given should work and im sure someone will be along shortly to give you some more advice. Good luck mate
Old 30 October 2008, 11:50 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I did the above, and added the adjustable front bar, it just seems to add an 11 to the grip (up from 10), and calmed the rear end liveliness down.... I'm very old now !

LOL

DunxC
Old 31 October 2008, 03:58 AM
imf1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
I did the above, and added the adjustable front bar, it just seems to add an 11 to the grip (up from 10), and calmed the rear end liveliness down.... I'm very old now !

LOL

DunxC
I fitted what you asked for and have no problems on my04 sti. I also have Apex coilovers fitted which transformed the handling on my scoob
I'm too old too Dunx
Old 31 October 2008, 09:06 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

22mm all round on my classic WRX. Font soft, rear hardest. handles great, but i do sometimes wonder what a 24mm rear would feel like... but dead happy with my setup

good adjustabilityinterms of lift off, and when you do go in too hot its a progressive a all-wheel slide off, er.. the line you should be on so no dead sailor understeer but no lairy tail out stuff unless, i would imagine, you provoke it. so a great fast road, point to point setup in my opinion

Ash