Notices

bc coilovers,alk,roll center kit,rear arb and droplinks

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2009, 09:37 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bc coilovers,alk,roll center kit,rear arb and droplinks

had all of the above fitted today at powerstation along with full fast road set up on my 02 sti,im happy with new low look but have not tested it fully yet to see what she can do.has lost a bit of steering feel but seems more grippy at bends and islands,i will post again when ive driven it more and have got to grips with it more
Old 13 May 2009, 08:35 PM
bnmotors
Scooby Regular

keep us imformed mate cause that what ive just fitted to my 2002sti (except roll center kit) my engine is away being rebuilt so wont get to test mine properly for ages.
Old 13 May 2009, 10:32 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

well i dont do many miles so all i can say for now is turn in is really good compared to before,its a bit low and getting used to that as unless your giving it some its kind of a pain when just driving kids to school or going shops,i altered the hard to soft **** today and am impressed with how soft it goes even tho im not at full soft its quite comfy and better than i thought,i expected it to be hard or really hard ! the look is ace because you know how high standard set up is at front arch,(in the clouds)so style of car has changed for the better-it sits nicely on 18 inch wr1 alloys.will post again when drove it a bit more,who is doing your rebuild bnmotors and how much is it costing if you dont mind me asking.cheers
Old 23 May 2009, 11:28 AM
Hoody2769
Scooby Regular

I've just fitted the same coilovers, ALK, rear anti roll bar and droplinks to my 02 Sti and agree totally with what has been said; especially the bit about 'it takes some getting used to'!

The car is now running only fractionally lower than I had it before (Sti shocks and Tein springs), but the ALK has lowered the underside of the car at the front considerably! Be warned; I can no longer straddle the emergency speed bumps which seem to be put everywhere near me. This means I have to avoid them, which extends most journeys!!! I still think it was worth it though!
Old 23 May 2009, 02:24 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why should a ALK lower the car at the front ? ????
Old 23 May 2009, 05:49 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Because you have to fitted spacers to the "sub-frame/reinforcing beam" to get them in.

HTH

dunx
Old 23 May 2009, 07:23 PM
bnmotors
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by carl heath
well i dont do many miles so all i can say for now is turn in is really good compared to before,its a bit low and getting used to that as unless your giving it some its kind of a pain when just driving kids to school or going shops,i altered the hard to soft **** today and am impressed with how soft it goes even tho im not at full soft its quite comfy and better than i thought,i expected it to be hard or really hard ! the look is ace because you know how high standard set up is at front arch,(in the clouds)so style of car has changed for the better-it sits nicely on 18 inch wr1 alloys.will post again when drove it a bit more,who is doing your rebuild bnmotors and how much is it costing if you dont mind me asking.cheers
can you not adjust the ride height to compensate for it being lower?