Notices

BC Coilovers - fitting advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2009, 10:50 PM
Steve1956
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Coilovers - fitting advice needed

Got my new BC coilovers delivered today to go on my MY05 WRX. The instructions that come with them are abit vague to say the least! The Taiwanese to English translation is quite funny really but that doesn't help when you want to make sure they are fitted properly.

I know from the threads on here that quite a few of you have fitted these so does anyone have any tips or handy advice for this. I want to run the set up quite close to standard as it will be used for my daily transport.

Any help would be much appreciated guys...
Old 12 May 2009, 11:15 PM
bnmotors
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve1956
Got my new BC coilovers delivered today to go on my MY05 WRX. The instructions that come with them are abit vague to say the least! The Taiwanese to English translation is quite funny really but that doesn't help when you want to make sure they are fitted properly.

I know from the threads on here that quite a few of you have fitted these so does anyone have any tips or handy advice for this. I want to run the set up quite close to standard as it will be used for my daily transport.

Any help would be much appreciated guys...
im just in the middle of fitting bcs to my bugeye and the only thing i was not sure on was the front topmounts as the photo in the instructions were different to my topmounts but all sorted now. they are a really straight foreward fit. out of the box they are alot shorter than the standard ones so go in easier than the old ones come out. anything you are stuck on???
Old 13 May 2009, 09:07 PM
Steve1956
Scooby Regular

Managed to get them fitted OK. Only thing I am not sure about is if the camber angle has been changed 'cos the top bolt on the front mount is sort of cranked to allow adjustment of the angle. Still, its in for service next week I will get them to check it all.
Thanks for the help, hope yours goes well.