Notices

Best price for Bilsteins in UK - where ?

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2009, 11:05 AM
Pidea
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best price for Bilsteins in UK - where ?

Morning, just been to see my local Subaru dealer about the clunking and general poor handling of my MY02 STi.

I'd previously had a 4 wheel alignment carried out to fix the tendency of the car to pull dramatically to the right when accelerating but after a few days the problem returned.

We checked the rear dampers this morning by kneeling on the boot sill and an almightly clunking suggests that they are shot. The mechanic took me outside and explained that the Subaru ones were to be avoided at all costs as he's replaced 3 or 4 sets on some cars.

He suggested that I get Bilsteins for the rear but just as he was about to tell me the model and where to get them his boss appeared !

So, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest UK supplier of Bilsteins suitable for a MY02 WRX STi. I've had a look on Google but I'm not too sure what I'm looking for . . . .

cheers

Phil
Old 27 June 2009, 03:44 PM
evolve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pidea

So, can anyone point me in the direction of the cheapest UK supplier of Bilsteins suitable for a MY02 WRX STi. I've had a look on Google but I'm not too sure what I'm looking for . . . .

cheers

Phil
Hi Phil,
We can get a set of Bilsteins for you. If you ring us during the week on 01582 584000 I can give you a competitive quote.
Old 27 June 2009, 10:27 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

You may find BC coilovers an easier choice (financially !)

Have been in Frosty's car and they are very good, supple and yet controlling body roll extremely effectively.

HTH

dunx