Notices

MY 99 UK Classic Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2009, 04:14 PM
Angels69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 99 UK Classic Suspension

Hi – I’ve just bought a 1999 UK Impreza Turbo and need a little advice on suspension upgrades. I've tried to search but can't find answers to the exact questions below.

I previously drove a JDM Integra Type R and in comparison I’m a little disappointed in how the Impreza handles, at normal ‘pressing on speed’ it feels good, grippy and well planted, but once I get beyond 8/10ths and really push it just feels like it doesn’t like it – understeery, body control not great and generally nowhere near as confidence inspiring as the Integra when in ‘flat out’ mode.

I don’t intend to use the car on track and it’s my everyday driver so I’d rather not make it really stiff. To that end my long term intention is Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, adjustable 22mm front ad 24mm rear anti-roll bars and uprated drop links, anti-lift kit and front and rear strut braces. Is this likely to create a good ‘fast road’ car out of it and will it kill the understeer within reason?

Also – I need to save for a few months before I can do all this. In the short term a friend who runs a company importing Jap cars has spare a full STi V4 suspension setup, would the struts and springs from this plus rear anti-roll bar make an appreciable improvement to my car. He says the shocks are painted pink with STi labelling but have some kind of adjustment **** on them – is this normal or does it mean they are in fact not STi struts?

Thanks!