Notices

Anyone had the Powerstation Stage 3 - T25 Spec Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2009, 10:48 AM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had the Powerstation Stage 3 - T25 Spec Suspension

Has anyone had the above upgrade - especially from WRX shocks and Prodrive springs (and even more especially on a Hawkeye).

I want to upgrade the suspension and trying to justify the cost of above kit.

AST coilovers are £1295 + vat but including fitting/setting up. £400-600 more than BC Coilovers.

Any comments/experience or sensible suggestions?

Cheers
Old 26 August 2009, 09:27 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get what you pay for it seems! I would imagine something like AST Type 2's or KW Variant 3's at £1200 plus are going to be better than BC BR series & probably BC RM series. Saying that, Ohlins or EXE-TC's at £4k etc are going to be even better. IMO it depends what you want to use the car for; whats your budget; how much the car's worth; & whether you like to spend moderately or blow some serious wonga on your car! Im currently in a similar situation & have opted for HSD HR coilovers, but BC's are also a very good option too. Goodluck.
Old 26 August 2009, 11:13 AM
New_scooby_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you go for I'd seriously suggest you go for a ride in a car equipped with them first. Ride/handling is a very subjective thing and getting this wrong will seriously impair your enjoyment of the car.

Ns04
Old 27 August 2009, 12:48 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had these fitted to my Newage JDM STI and found it much easier to get the then 380ibs of torque on the road.

What you have to remember about that package is that Litchfield put in a lot of R&D into the valving and geometry settings before settling on the package for the T25.
As a consequence you have the best compromise between a road car and a track.

I had a Classic before which has a similar Leda setup that was developed by Scoobysports before they went out of business back in 2002/3. Once again, the units were valved specifically based on both track and raod use.

Don't get suckered into comparing that T25 package with another manufacturers set of 'struts and springs'. Its NOT the same thing as you get roll bars, ALK and gemetry included. Go with just coilovers and you may be disappointed at the ride and also the constant tweeks to geometry, roll bar sizes tyre pressures and damper settings, before you get to a happy medium.

Just my honest opinion, but based on my real experience.
Old 27 August 2009, 05:03 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

I have the package on my Spec C (AST coilovers, front n rear whiteline anti rollbars, Anti lift kit and a geometry setup. I also have an added whiteline front n rear strut brace for even more rigidity. As you can easily change the damper force on the coilovers with 12 soft to hard settings you do not have to worry about them beig too hard or bouncy on the road. But on the track you can harden them up and along with the rest of the package mentioned above the car stays very flat, with little if any body roll, it' is really rigid and the power stays on the floor. it is a package tht is tried and tested i would not swap them for anything else. If you are only going to use this package on the road you will never really feel the full benefits and potential. Some people will argue that getting KYB shocks and say some eibach springs is a cheaper alternative to the Coilovers, but it is the rest of the package that also really helps make a big difference.... including the heavy duty strut braces imho.

AST's are both good for road and track - never being too hard for british roads, unlike what many people experience with Tein Super street. But it is the ARBS n ALK - and as in my car - the Strut braces as well which make the car handle amazingly.

Last edited by apac; 27 August 2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 27 August 2009, 05:41 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Can't fault the Exe-tc set up i had done best £1800 ive spent.This product totally transform the handling and gives great confidence in the corners.