Trailing Arm & Lateral Link Arms

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2011, 09:29 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailing Arm & Lateral Link Arms

Hi,

Will 2002 Trailing arms and Lateral link arms fit a 93 RA?

I can have the Adjustable ones off a friends 2002 in exchange for mine if they fit?

He bought them new 2 months ago and never had them setup so his handling is all over the place, and has F***ed his new tires he had fitted at the same time.. So now he just wants to go back to std, even though i told him all he needs is to have the geometry setup.

Derek
Old 13 March 2011, 10:53 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

2002 what? Sedan or wagon? The lateral links are different width between a sedan (longer) and wagon (shorter/same width as GC).

Please convince him to just get his lazy butt over to a competent shop to have his geometry set. He will have the same issues of whacked geometry if he installs standard arms too. does he even have his stock rear toe cam bolts still?
Old 14 March 2011, 02:44 AM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

It's a Saloon.

Nope he changed it all lol. he has aftermarket camber bolts etc.
Old 14 March 2011, 01:23 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately, your parts won't fit properly on his car. Unless he wants a narrower rear track! He just needs to have his geometry sorted. The amount of work and parts he needs to get to go back to stock will be much more than having a decent geometry setup. And he will STILL have to pay for the geometry setup.

I'm just shaking my head here.

Another lesson here, always keep your stock parts. Put them in a box and save them in case you want to go back to stock, bend a bit or want to sell the car.
Old 14 March 2011, 01:39 PM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

He say's he may have them, but as he recently moved from Devon to North London, he is not sure where they would be.

So I assume because his bars are adjustable they will fit mine.

he went to a Supertrack by him they set it up, and he say's its still * was way better before and wants it off.
Old 14 March 2011, 02:41 PM
Arnie_1
Scooby Regular

lol. they must have done a crap job of setting him up then.

if he's willing to go through the hassle and cost of removing everything then by all means, take his stuff! What brand parts are they? Hard to tell how much adjustment room there are in these arms. Whiteline, for example has different part numbers for the Saloon and Wagon. Though Wagon and GC share the same part number for their adjustable lateral links. Only way to find out is to get them off the car and screw them down and see if they fit. also see if the droplink mounting bracket ends up in the same place on your car.

Once he has all the parts back on his car, make sure he goes in with specific geometry specs and gets a print out to confirm that is what they delivered. Otherwise he may get another crap handling car and worn tires with his stock parts.