Notices

bc coilovers br or hr

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2013, 10:44 AM
Lewis_123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bc coilovers br or hr

Hi has anyone been in a car that's had br coilovers and a car thats had hour coilovers? I plan on going on a couple track days a year but most of the use will be on the roads and not sure if I will benefit from the more expensive coilovers? Any advice much appreciated!
Old 16 December 2013, 05:33 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

We have run HSD HR coilovers which are not bad coilovers,but if you are looking for nice and comfortable ride I would suggest spend money on KW V2,they are worth it in my view

On road are slightly firmer than BC and can be uncomfortable if you are using proper bucket seats,on track they're awesome and we are loved HSD on the track

BC series not sure,I've tried only on friend car and again if I'm comparing them to HSD HR,BC are more comfortable than HSD HR,but still not as KW

Main difference between BC and HSD is HSD are inverted and BC are not,due this adjustment on the HSD is on the bottom of the shock and not as on BC on the top on the shock

As above if you are planning to do few track days and car will be used on daily basis on normal roads,I would go with KW,after running HSD and trying several setups,I would go with them

Really depends what you want from coilovers and for what you are looking plus depends on budget too

Jura
Old 16 December 2013, 09:46 AM
Lewis_123
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, I was looking at the bcs with monotube which are inverted, there reduced on scooby world from 950 to 850, I have penciled in 1k including geometry set up.
Old 16 December 2013, 04:09 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lewis_123
Thanks mate, I was looking at the bcs with monotube which are inverted, there reduced on scooby world from 950 to 850, I have penciled in 1k including geometry set up.
Hi there

Personally I would speak with Alyn@AS Performance about the KW V1 or V2,those are far superior to the BC

If you can spend little bit more I would spend them on KW without the doubts,speak with Alyn and you will see

Jura
Old 18 December 2013, 05:24 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

If you are interested, we do have a group buy happening at the moment for the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers.

For fast road use and occasional track days, the Zeta-R will do the job fine.
More expensive coilovers you could be looking at the MeisterR GT1, but those are custom build coilovers and are getting into the £1500 area.

But with that said, the GT1 are design to compete against Ohlins DFV so they are on a completely different level in terms of technology and performance.

Jerrick
Old 20 December 2013, 11:28 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

Lewis, out of interest whats your current suspension set up? Frankly for a couple of trackdays a year and the rest road i'd question whether you need coilovers at all, you may well be better to spend the money on ARB's and an Anti Lift Kit with a proper geo set up if you haven't got these bits already.

A number of companies offer handling packages, see below

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/subaru_chassis.asp

http://www.greenwoodracing.co.uk/han...packs_stg2.asp

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...00b2f8d2a0e85e
Old 21 December 2013, 09:12 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

I would say a decent shock/spring combo with arb's etc would do the job nicely, unless you have big bucks to spend on a 'decent' set of coilovers.