Notices

Shall I sell my blob sti and get the classic type r I crave?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2014, 06:32 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shall I sell my blob sti and get the classic type r I crave?

In a dilemma here, have owned my blob sti since around last august after having a spell withought a scoob for about 3 years, I have owned two classics before, a uk turbo and a v4sti which I both loved,

This car has been a labour of love so to speak, have spent a small fortune to get it where it is today, new suspension components, new brakes, exhausts, wheels, recaps etc, all but the best new parts and so on, I don't know wether it gave me the same feeling as the classics did, it's only rarely used as I work away so it's just a toy,

Always wanted a Type r so what do you think,

Contemplated putting an advert up on the for sale thread to see how much interest the car would generate but countless snidey comments made by numerous members on people's adverts somewhat put me off a bit!

Cheers
Old 21 June 2014, 06:54 PM
RoyPinhey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved from a new age to a classic for the same reason . . It's only a toy and the classic gives you that bit higher rush IMO

And of course I would be biased towards your type r view
Old 21 June 2014, 09:12 PM
big daz2
Scooby Senior

I'm prob wrong person to advise you but I've owned 4 classics and I now own a hatch which I do love but I would kill to get my type r back they are a drivers car and best feeling in the world to drive her. So my advise would be do it. But you will get stupid idiots offer you very little money for your car but if your ready and you don't bite back the right buyer will be out there just got to find them. You could of course offer a swap with only a type r there may be someone around that uses theirs everyday and want a more comfy ride to work then all parties are happy. Good luck mate hope it goes well
Old 22 June 2014, 10:24 AM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I went the other way, from a monster type r to a standard ish newage sti. I preferred the newage. The newage has a much nicer cabin with better build quality. The gearbox won't give you any troubles, engine is more reliable, cheaper to get more power out of it, brakes are better.

Don't get me wrong the type r is a lovely drive but I was always waiting for something to break,plus the classic's like to rust if not looked after

The only thing I didn't like with my old newage was the gearing, prefferd the type r' s 5 speed. So much better in the fozzer though

Take one for a test drive