WRX Wagon geometry set up

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2014, 09:52 AM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Wagon geometry set up

Hi guys, i'm after a bit of advice...

I've got a 52 plate WRX wagon, standard 17" wheels, standard dampers and springs, and what appears to be an uprated adjustable rear arb.

I've noticed that it's really skittish on rough/uneven road surfaces, more so round right hand bends with a little bit of adverse camber in the mix. As in the rear end seems to skip across a hole rather than track through it. It's also quite adjustable mid corner with a neutral throttle to lift off, and power on settles things. In the wet it can be a handful... I'm quite prepared to accept that the rear arb might be set a bit stiff, but i'm also wondering if the rear toe settings will have a big part to play as well?
I like the way it handles, and it cant be driven hamfistedly, but i'm just wondering if it's a little too sensitive. (I've also wondered whether bushes may be affecting this... )

Tyres wise, I've got vredestein ultrac centos on the front, and (ahem) finishing off the rear dunlop winters... (budget has been tight and it wasn't worth keeping them). In the next couple weeks they will be replaced with the same spec tyres as the fronts and going for a geo check.

Anyhoo, essay over, any recommendations for geometry set-up around the Cwmbran/Newport area? I've heard of Indigo GT, Three Arches, and I've used Ace performance for a previous job. Also, what should I be looking for in terms of alignment spec?

Dave.
Old 08 July 2014, 10:05 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless you start from a point of good matching tyres there's little point in starting a conversation about improving the characteristics of the car you're currently describing
Old 08 July 2014, 10:16 AM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
Unless you start from a point of good matching tyres there's little point in starting a conversation about improving the characteristics of the car you're currently describing
Yup point taken. Which is why with the new and matching spec rears to be fitted I'm intending on having the geometry checked at the same time. I've no idea what it is set at currently.
👍
Old 09 July 2014, 09:27 AM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

Anyone?