Notices

Stepping down from organising monthly meets.

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2015, 03:03 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stepping down from organising monthly meets.

After much thought over the past couple of weeks I've taken the decision to step down from organising the monthly meets so the meet I've posted up for June the 11th is my last.
Please accept my apologies if I've offended or stepped on anyone's toes by taking this role on or changing the day of the meets but this was suggested to myself by a couple of regular members who thought it would of been a good idea to help others who could no longer attend on Wednesday evening. Further to this it looks like after 25 years I'll be returning to college in September which possibly could take up 2 evenings a week so I may not be able to attend many meets from then on for the next 12 months.
I'd like thank all of you for your kind words of support when I stepped into this role 6 months ago and wish whoever takes over from myself all the best.

Many thanks
Jay
Old 31 May 2015, 06:57 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Having been there myself Jay I know exactly where you're coming from, as of late I haven't made that many meets myself due to work and other commitments.

I'd like to thank you for all your stirling work, whoever takes over from yourself will only benefit from your input over the last 6 months.
Old 31 May 2015, 07:39 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Having been there myself Jay I know exactly where you're coming from, as of late I haven't made that many meets myself due to work and other commitments.

I'd like to thank you for all your stirling work, whoever takes over from yourself will only benefit from your input over the last 6 months.
Thanks Ty and I know that your work commitments of late have meant that attending meets have been tricky.
The way I've felt over the last couple of months it was the right thing for myself to do. I may have a viewing on the newage on Wednesday night so fingers crossed a deal can be done on that as well.
Old 31 May 2015, 08:41 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Thanks Ty and I know that your work commitments of late have meant that attending meets have been tricky.
The way I've felt over the last couple of months it was the right thing for myself to do. I may have a viewing on the newage on Wednesday night so fingers crossed a deal can be done on that as well.
You selling the Blob Jay?
Old 31 May 2015, 09:31 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GONZO01
You selling the Blob Jay?
Yes Craig, if nothing comes of this then I'll be popping up an advert over on Pistonheads and Fleabay over the next week or so.
Old 01 June 2015, 09:42 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Jay,

This is very sad but I fully understand were you are coming from having been there myself. There is a life beyond SWS and as you said, your career must come first. I am sure someone will step up and fill your big boots.
Old 01 June 2015, 05:10 PM
andyleonard55
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear your stepping down but glad to hear your going back to college,I hope its to further your present career and were not loosing another good engineer.I ran the CIPHE as general secretary for ten years and later on the national executive committee and that taught me a lesson that you can listen to peoples views on what they want you to do, alter things you feel will make things work better but at the end of the day it does not guarantee attendances or in my case bums on seats at trade events.
Anyway I hope to be able to attend some meets in the future although we are out of the country for the June meeting so hopefully can meet up with you and the good lady in July.
Cheers and thank you for the work you have put in the last six months.
Old 01 June 2015, 09:47 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Hats off to you Jay!

Life and family came first.

Si
Old 02 June 2015, 03:15 PM
Little V
Scooby Newbie

Not sure if my little feet will fill Jay's big boots but i'll have a go if no one else wants to??? I'm often stuck in the pub bored
Old 02 June 2015, 10:03 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a pity Jay but there are other priorities from time to time.
I'm having a strange year with the meets myself I just have not had time I've got a balancing act of jobs to do here somehow but fingers crossed I'll get back on it soon.
Thursdays work for me I've not got any regular things booked for a Thursday.
Old 06 June 2015, 05:57 PM
matscooby
Scooby Senior

Well for sure you've done a good job Jay. Certain things in life take priority and decisions like this no doubt are not easy to make.

Good luck with career opportunity and with the car. Thats a good car in lots of ways
Old 07 June 2015, 10:06 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Thank you all for your kind comments, I really hope another member can take this roll forward and build on what myself and Ty has done before I took over.
Old 07 June 2015, 10:18 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Little V
Not sure if my little feet will fill Jay's big boots but i'll have a go if no one else wants to??? I'm often stuck in the pub bored
Good for you Vicky, I'd have no problem if you wanted to organise the meets.
Old 08 June 2015, 09:11 AM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Firstly well done Jay on you passed work organising the meets, you will need to put your head down and drive on with the college course as it takes a lot of commitment to go back to schooling I can tell you from experience, but I am sure you will be fine. By the way what course you enrolling on.?

Secondly well done Vicky for stepping up
Old 08 June 2015, 08:15 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S3LDM
Firstly well done Jay on you passed work organising the meets, you will need to put your head down and drive on with the college course as it takes a lot of commitment to go back to schooling I can tell you from experience, but I am sure you will be fine. By the way what course you enrolling on.?

Thanks Lee, much appreciated and PM sent
Old 08 June 2015, 08:34 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Little V
Hi Vicky, if you'd like to take this roll forward then that's fine by me too. Please feel free to use my template just copy, paste and alter the meet date or again please feel free to tweak it and make it your own or even start again if you have something better in mind.
All I would advise is the venue of the meet stay at the Toby Carvery for obvious reasons, further to this we have a Shell garage selling V Power right opposite which can be very handy for members attending a meet as well.

Last edited by Peter Pan; 08 June 2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12 June 2015, 12:04 AM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Little V for taking on the roll. Such a shame Jay had to step down but good news that you are willing to give it a go.

Good luck

Ps I'm also of the opinion that the Toby is a great venue so hope it stays.