Notices

Anyone dealt with C.V.C ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2002, 02:17 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is booked in with them for the beginning of January but i have never been there before. Anyone dealt with them ? Anything i should know ? How do i get to them ? best route from Swansea ?

Old 26 December 2002, 06:50 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

hi tony
just make sure you fill ur screenwash bottle and tell them not to add any to yours, i know its only a pound or two but it adds up, they are not very quick but had no probs with them
mark
Old 26 December 2002, 11:44 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

Never had any problems with them. They've always given me a lift into town and picked me up when the car has been finished. Can't fault them.
Old 26 December 2002, 11:58 PM
Mad 1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Over the last 4 years with no problems,but at last cam belt sevice they forgot to reconnect both fan motor connecters[multiplugs].One had touched the exhaust manifold heatshield and melted!Good job I lifted the bonnet and checked when I got it home could have been a costly mistake for CVC
Old 27 December 2002, 11:12 AM
scoobieblue
Scooby Regular

just thought i would add my two pennys worth
i just had my 52,500 service with cvc
i went in on tuesday before christmas to book it in
we arranged to have it done on the thursday at 4 oclock
i turned up on WEDNESDAY at 3 oclock..
sue said no problem and the service went ahead 25 hours early
cost was £114 including vat..
they quoted me £470 including vat for the 60,000 mile service
i found them very helpful on the other occasions i have been in there..also i think everyone who turned up at their open night
would agree that they know how to put on a good show
belated xmas wishes to you all and a happy new year
andy

Old 27 December 2002, 02:05 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

so i shouldnt have any worries then ? I got ripped off by Tiley's last time i used them so im not in a hurry to go back there.
Old 29 December 2002, 08:02 PM
R.B.5
Scooby Regular

I have a slight problem at the moment with CVC. As everyone else is posting their findings i thought i might as well.

Three weeks ago my car started making knocking noises and tapping upon startup. Enough to make me worry about what the engine was doing. Rang CVC and said that i would like the car to be looked at. He said they were busy and would have trouble looking at it. He said not to drive it and to get the car recovered to them, which i did straight away. Sitting on the driveway is enough of a reason to drive it so i thought if it aint here i cant drive it.

They've had the car three weeks now with no sign of when its coming back or whats wrong with it. All i know is that the engine is out of the car and is being stripped. I have had a courtesy car from Subaru Assistance for the first 48hrs only. After that it was up to the garage to sort a car out. Haven't got any cars to loan out i was told, so for three weeks now i have had no car, christmas has been a nightmare trying to get things organised, buying presents and making my visits to friends and family not to mention work transport!!

Needless to say i am not happy at all but what can i do about it? Nothing, so i let it go! Just thought that you should know.
Seems ok when spending money with them but when it really matters can they deliver? In my case no.

It matters not how much of a show they can put on with an opening night, what we are all concerned about is our lovely cars which we cherish. Reliability, honesty, good value are all things that matter to me when i take my car to a dealership. I dont know how the other Subaru maindealers compare but one thing i do know, having owned BMW's i will definately be going back to them after this car is gone.

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2003, 09:34 AM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

I bought my bug eye from them and they were very good and efficient, however my experience with them doing warranty work is slow. I had problems with my alarm which took 5 attempts to fix over an period of 3 months.

However if your paying for work to be done I've heard there service is excellent.

They will also try very hard to get thier pound of flesh out of you especially for body work repairs.

I had a small bump in my front wing that someone kindly left for me. I went in for a quote and they asked 'is this an insurance job', I said yes they told me 800 to 900 quid, (4 to 500 if it was cash) - funny that. i.e. new wing and respray of bonnet and door for blending purposes as the paint weathers (car less than 6 months old and garaged at night) - yeah right.

However the dent was miles away from the door and nearer to the bumper yet the bumper didn't need respraying which I found a little odd, maybe cos it would be a complete ball ache to do.

I said I'll get it done on the cheap to which gasps went around the garage and showroom.

However I rang Dent Devils - 60 quid.

CVC did there utmost to try and tell me that it couldn't be done Dent Devil style.

The paint cracked as dent devils pulled the dent out however the garage that had the dent devils rep also had a modern body repair workshop using computer digitry to match paint colours etc.

However they respraied the wing another 100 quid, and I defy anyone (including CVC) to tell me there's a difference in the paint tone or finish.

If you have minor damage small bumps etc. all this old fanny about having to do it with subaru cos of the paint matching and blending is a load of old sh!te.

Also don't get your tyres done with them absolute rip off. 150 quid a corner they want, shop around like I did I ordered mine on- line and got them deleivered to a fitting station recommended by supplier, 85 quid a corner for the new F1 GSD-3's.

Boo ya sucks to CVC.
Old 08 January 2003, 05:25 PM
DAR.WIL
Scooby Regular

well I've got no complaints...Always found them up front and sincere.
Had the car 12 months this week and I've been up there quiet a few times in between with this and that,done me no wrong

Darren
Old 12 January 2003, 10:52 AM
scoobieblue
Scooby Regular

i spoke to tileys of bristol the other day
they just quoted me £417 including vat for the 60,000 mile
service..£53 pounds less than cvc.......and they will let me have the 03 wrx sti as a courtisy car for the day...
so it looks like cvc wont be having my car this time for service
i would have paid £470 to cvc but...cant turn down a wrx sti 03
for 24 hours........it would have been rude!!!!
andy
Old 12 January 2003, 02:18 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

You cant beat having another scooby to go round in for the day can you. thats why i have always gone to tileys, just that they over charged me a lot last time so wasnt too happy with them. Might have to pay them a visit if they are offering the new sti for the day though. You do realise you have to pay £10 for the day though dont you ?
Old 12 January 2003, 10:02 PM
STI MAN
Scooby Regular

they gave him £11,000 for a car that cost him nearly £30,000

What was fitted to the car to make it best part of 30K!

Old 13 January 2003, 09:09 AM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

ive always had a car from cvc when weve not gone into cardiff shopping, had a rb5 wr, p1, black sti 7, clio 16v, blue sti 7 and a forester
mark
Old 01 December 2003, 09:52 PM
scoobieblue
Scooby Regular

yes i do
but a tenner for the wrx sti for the day ..it would be rude not to!!!
my brother traded in his my99 dbm turbo with ppp yesterday
they gave him £11,000 for a car that cost him nearly £30,000
less than 3 years ago
he will be getting his black my03 wrx wagon soon...
for under £20,000
should be worth looking at
andy
best way of getting there
m4 after severn bridge turn onto m49 head south onto m5
off at avonmouth
follow signs for bristol
bear right onto cumberland basin just after suspension bridge
keep in left hand lane
take second turning on left
keep on till you pass bristol import centre on left
at next traffic lights keep in middle lane