Notices

we have to have a north wales mini meet

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2003, 10:02 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we gotta have this, have been posting for at least 18 months but no interest whatsoever.

comeon ppl, at least one and put faces onto cars and nicknames on scoobynet.
Old 11 February 2003, 11:13 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, we said this a few months ago i will be up for it defo. I went on the mid-wales run 3 last sunday and it was awsome a fantastic day organised by Chris Garner i did 479miles in all well worth it though. There are a couple more peps with scoobys in Pwllheli now so i'm sure we can get something together Black night(by the way what is your name so i don't have to keep putting Black Night. Now there is that fella in Anglesey, and you know a couple of lads around Llandudno if i remember right (might be wrong though.

We have to do something soon.

James.
Old 12 February 2003, 10:11 AM
black knight
Scooby Regular

when i first tried organising a meet, only 'Raster' and 'UKlegacy'
posted so we decided not to bother.

but if interested ppl can post their name to just show that they might be able to join, then we can start deciding on a route or day. north wales have excellent roads, u know?

BK.
Old 12 February 2003, 10:53 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'll definately be up for a meet, just tell me the time and the place and the world can go on hold!
Old 13 February 2003, 12:00 AM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Scoobyfella, I realised today I've been passing your car loadsa times in the last few months ( and admiring it, looks damn good ). I visit CK Tools quite regular with work, I'll be down there at the end of Feb ( 27th I think ) if your about let me know.
Old 13 February 2003, 05:33 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Scoobypreza, nice one thanks for the comments, the car is parked outside my house, when your passing just pop in for a cuppa and we can chat scoobys.

Cheers James.

p.s deffo have to get a meet together, they are great fun if organised well.
Old 13 February 2003, 10:23 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Next time I'm down there and see your car there I'll give you a knock James.

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 13 February 2003, 10:32 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

why not meet next saturday or sunday at the antelope for a quick drink/chat abt tarting up our scoobs, eh?

hope to turn this into a monthly thingy and get all the north wales posse together. info sharing etc etc
Old 13 February 2003, 10:43 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Sound good BN is the Antelope in upper bangor (can't remember) i'll see if i can plan out a little route if ya like. How far do you fancy driving for a little meet? Do you have any ideas for a route?

James.

p.s South Wales lads might be coming up in a couple of months so have to get a good route with a variety of roads planned.
Old 13 February 2003, 10:55 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Sounds good to me, Antelope is only about 5 mins from my house, let me know which day and what time, James it's right by the Menai suspension bridge going into Menai Bridge (Bangor side). If your coming from C'fon way, go over Felinheli by-pass, go straight on at Faenol roundabout up the hill, straight on at next 2 roundabouts back towards Bangor then about a mile and a half down the road it's on your left at the roundabout by the bridge. Hope this will help.
Dave
Old 14 February 2003, 10:10 AM
black knight
Scooby Regular

if you can get to menai bridge, u wont miss it. literally next to roundabout.

not thinking of a long route but a blast on a4086 to llanberis coonecting onto a5 back to bangor could be fun

or a short blast to red dwarf or pontllyfni could be fun, there are cafes there to chill out and talk scoobs while missus or children and run around in the chill.... grrr.....

Old 15 February 2003, 11:01 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

If you wanna meet next weekend I can only make Sunday, be good to meet other Scooby nuts!
Old 17 February 2003, 11:42 AM
black knight
Scooby Regular

saw a few scoobs over the weekend.

i silver parked at antelope, one blue bugeye wagon crossing the new bridge to anglesey.

unfortunately, i have been delegated with the glorious task of driving my gf's dad and sis to heathrow this sunday so will not be able to arrange a time. sorry.

will post later for a more suitable sunday in one or 2 weeks time.

Old 17 February 2003, 10:31 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Two weeks time is good for me and should be enough notice for anyone else interested, that would be sat/sun 8/9th march if me calendar isn't wrong, if I see any others about I'll try and spread the word that we are trying to have a meet and try and get some more peeps.
Have you seen the tasty bug-eyed STI going round Bangor?
Old 18 February 2003, 03:47 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

the date is ok for me. my car by then should have a colourful engine bay. samcos, pulleys and a host of goodies are fitted as i type.

no, i havent seen the sti around bangor, only a bugeye wagon in anglesey when i was at 'holland' garden center for some desserts near llangefni.

say sunday 9th at either antelope or travel inn parc brittania. i'd prefer travel inn as they have a bigger parking space and less bees buzzing around as well.
Old 18 February 2003, 04:35 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Yea i will be up for then too will try and bring another couple along as well. What sort of time do you reckon if it was early (not to early) we could get a good run in especially if the weather is nice, is anyone gonna bring the missus along as well. My daughter is dying to come to a meet as well, not to sure myself as she is only 4 1/2 alright if we don't go to mad.

James.
Old 18 February 2003, 04:47 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

i would like to suggest 10.30am-11-ish, which will enable us to do a quick run before we stop for lunch and talk cars, etc.

my missus should be tagging along.

lets have a chill out sunday run to enjoy the nice welsh scenery. not planning to drive fast as there will be missus and children as passengers (let's say sensible driving.....)

any suggestions of routes? abt 30-50miles-ish? so that we can be at the lunch point at about 12.00-1pm and possibly meet those who dont wish to go for a drive.

i'll be there with my trusted digicam and we can post pics after that. i'll look at the map tonight.

soo excited, finally a north wales mini meet is on the way....
Old 18 February 2003, 06:21 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi BN, been looking on the map and have a nice little route in mind, a mixture of A roads and B roads and some cracking scenery (if the weather is nice) the route is approx 75miles and propably around 2.5-3hrs of driving excluding a lunch stop etc. That is 75 miles from Brittania Bridge and back again. I won't post the route on here coz of beady little eyes watching but it heads in the Betws, FFestiniog, Beddgelert direction some cracking roads and scenery as i said. I will bring the missus and kids along then and make it a nice day out.

Let me know what you think.

James.
Old 18 February 2003, 09:56 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

All sounds good to me, my missus has got a course that weekend but that's no probs cos I can drive how I want instead! Might bring my mate along, he used to have a nice white wrx but the patter of little feet forced him to get rid of it, the drive sounds good to me too.
I'll be in CK Tools next week James so if I see your car I'll give you a knock.
Old 18 February 2003, 10:43 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave i will be in if there is a light blue Toyota Hilux with a white back on it outside, opposite my car it has Fountains on the side, otherwise i am in work, my car just sits there all week outside the house. Do you fancy that little run then, not to long will be ideal for the first one up here have to see what BN thinks. Can you get any other scoobs also.

James.
Old 18 February 2003, 11:10 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

he he almost similar to what i had in mind, llanberis then on halfway to coed and back. sounds good to me.

scoobyfella, guess u cant start a new post like NW run1 9 march and get people to post their interest?
Old 19 February 2003, 06:32 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Well up for the run out, good idea to put up a new post as well, the more the merrier!!
James, I'll keep an eye out when I come down next Thursday.
Old 20 February 2003, 08:47 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Hi blacknight i was in the antelope on sunday silver wrx parked by entrance was up for long weekend break also saw blue bugeye on anglesey.
Old 20 February 2003, 10:15 PM
black knight
Scooby Regular

aaahhh... so it was u. too bad missus decided somewhere else, was so tempted to park next to you and have a drink there. coming to bangor any sooner?

nice car and plate too.

[Edited by black knight - 2/20/2003 10:15:52 PM]
Old 21 February 2003, 01:05 AM
howardbeasley
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

hope you don't mind me butting in but i've just got my self a scooby and would love to tag along on a run, hope to hear more details soon....howard
Old 21 February 2003, 05:36 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Howard, welcome to the club mate hope you have got a deep pocket you will need it. No probs in coming along the more the merrier stick your name down in the North Wales Run 1 thread.

James