Notices

Subaru Mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2003, 11:40 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Took my MY02 to CVC for a 1k service today. I tried to preorder a set of Mudflaps, Part Number's SACC1421 (Front) and SACC1422 rear at the same time. Although to be fair I couldn't remember the part numbers at the time.

However, on arrival I was shown Aero Splashguards instead, which just fitted over the sils, and didn't really look effective at all. I was told that Subaru, (Apart from the rally STI ones) didn't produce Mudflaps for the WRX.

Did a bit a research on Scoobynet tonight and found the following threads, to support my view:

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=76239
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=147465

Hence CVC know nothing about them? Anybody bought and fitted a set?

I will try CVC tomorrow with the part numbers and see what they say.

Cheers
Nick

[Edited by NicholasO - 2/21/2003 11:42:00 PM]
Old 22 February 2003, 12:58 AM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

got to say me along with others on here found cvc to know **** all

i was in cardiff working an the paint bloke at my works in newport wanted my paint code to get sum paint for my s/skirts etc
so as i was near cvc i thought i,d just pop in and ask there aint many shade,s of white on a my00 and i gave him the reg no, so he should be able to tell me anything about this car ie, when it started production when it finished etc etc.... so when he gave me the paint code as 1E i just said ok and left,

well it did have 1E in it as its 51E but why bother messing people around there your customers for ***** sake,,,,,,

/rant over

i got another story about how crap they are but wont bore you with it....

n_w_s
Old 22 February 2003, 11:16 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

With no Subaru dealer in Swansea, I guess CVC Cardiff are my only option? Bearing in mind I need an authorised dealer for Warranty purposes.

Old 23 February 2003, 12:47 AM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

i have the same problem in newport but at least i can go up to keith price in abergavenny <gives the car a nice run too,,>
Old 23 February 2003, 11:09 AM
Twigster2
Scooby Regular

I took my M99 to Keith Price too, have to say they were very helpful and looked after my baby very well. Reccomended by me at least!!
Old 23 February 2003, 11:28 AM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

yeah all the q,s i asked cvc b4 buying a subaru were all answered incorect or half harted, ie alarm spec,s on sports etc,,

was up in abergavenny an poped in to order ashtray/fuel filler release and mentioned the alarm <after just picking the car up>
and found out that the sport DOESNT even come with an alarm so i think cvc staff need some training/costomer relation corse
i think the staff in the showroom must show a diff, aproach as everyone how buys a car from there are happy with the service,,,

just hope cvc dont spoil it when there costomers go back to get there new cars serviced

< it looks as though if you didnt buy your car from cvc they dont wanna know????>
Old 23 February 2003, 03:14 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers for the heads up lads. Hopefully, I won't need to see a dealer until my annual service in December.

Perhaps I'll give Keith Price a go next time. The only thing is that we're talking about a 164 mile round trip compared to 90 miles for CVC.

But my annual milage only requires a service once a year, and it is a nice drive.

Incidently my car is a MY02 imported using jamjar.com, full uk spec, I did notice a cool attitude towards me, I though it was just that, but listening to you guys maybe not.

[Edited by NicholasO - 2/23/2003 3:17:59 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 23 February 2003, 04:50 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

swift kick up there *** needed
Old 28 February 2003, 05:33 PM
LeighF
Scooby Regular

Hello Nic,

My first scooby was a UK spec import and all I got from CVC was attitude. NWS has got the nail on the head, if you buy from CVC, no problem, anyone else beware!! I ended up taking it to KP, told them the score with CVC and asked them straight if they had a problem with a UK spec import, they didn't. I bought my latest car from KP, with 12 month servicing it's no hassle plus you get a good drive there and back. See my thread on 4 wheel alignment for my latest CVC experience.

Leigh
Old 01 March 2003, 11:08 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Smile

Leigh,

Definately looking like KP next time, I found out tonight that for the first year, I could have had it serviced at DRJ without affecting the warranty, as I assume they are Subaru approved rather than a Subaru dealer. I will investigate this option further. Servicing for years 2 & 3 have to be at a Subaru dealer though, and it certainly won't be at CVC

Incidently what model was the import, did have much problem selling it, and were you happy with the price?

Also you said you bought your current car from KP with 12 months servicing. Please excuse me for being dumb, but what does this mean.

Thanks
Nick
Old 08 March 2003, 06:17 PM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Talking

Had a letter from CVC today, the mudflaps which their parts department said would not fit a MY02 WRX, are now in stock, if I wish to purchase!