Notices

Rant about

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2003, 11:52 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will apologise now to all those genuine 22b drivers but.........
I was in a petrol station on Holdeness Road in Hull having just driven from South Wales to see a friend. While I was filling my car up, a spanking 22b pulled up. Guy in a suit and tie gets out and buys some stuff in the shop. I wave as you do, and he comes over, me thinking like minded bod wants to talk Scoobies.
All he did was basically dis my car to the ground, STi 4, and tell me that his was far superior to mine, only one of 300 UK cars, like I didn't know, and how he'd had 170 mph out of it, and how has had Porsches and Jags blah blah blah.
What a sh*t* !!. Is there some sort of snobbery or pecking order I don't know about ?. Is it like being in the Masons ?. I have always found other Scooby drivers to be enthusiastic about there and other peoples Scoob's no matter what the spec. I hope the guy is a member, though I doubt it, and reads this.
There that's off my chest, he just really piddled me off. Has anyone else encountered snobbery based around what spec of Scooby you've got ?. He had a major rant about mine being an import as well.

Old 03 March 2003, 01:44 PM
Group Captain Smudger
Scooby Regular

Not involving a scooby but has happened to me. Coming back from Le Mans stopped at a station before getting the ferry back. Chap pulls up in an Aston Martin Vantage. Bloody enormous think made my TVR look like a matchbox toy. Nice motor I say. He didn't respond but his look of contempt said it all. Merchant Banker.
Old 03 March 2003, 02:31 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

ive had no problems with mine ive got a my00 white sport as you,ve seen and ive met loads of scooby drivers and nobodys complained about mine being ONLY a sport, lol,

a bloke in work <who drive,s a sihty astra> keeps saying to me its a fake scooby as ive put a turbo bonet on but like i said to him ive always wanted a scooby but when your only 24 and in a siht paid job trying to pay for your house/car/and the csa im glad its not a turbo,

Old 03 March 2003, 02:33 PM
Dude!
Scooby Regular

I'm sure a few Turbo drivers (I'm not generalising) have ignored me when I have waved from my Sport I wish I had a turbo too but just cant afford at the moment, it does not mean I am scum of the earth - honest!
Old 03 March 2003, 02:44 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

dude you get my msg about the vents???
Old 03 March 2003, 02:47 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

I have always waved and acknowledged all scooby drivers even if some ignorant s*ds dont do so in return. I have just spoke to a scooby owner in Hull who say's that this guy is loaded, own company etc. and is very arrogant. Fine, but don't put my car, and all other imports, down. I would have smacked him a ba****d but a I have kids, and therefore patiance with the ignorant, and there were CCTV cameras everywhere on the forecourt.
Old 03 March 2003, 02:57 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

what you drive then dai <as im guessing thets your name???>

mines a my00 sport
Old 03 March 2003, 03:01 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

ok just seen

my98 silver sti4
Old 03 March 2003, 03:08 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

NWS

Its a well looked after car, and I always admire it as I drive past which is most days. I know what you mean about the CSA and turbo's not mixing well mate.
Old 03 March 2003, 03:10 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Not Dai, but Sean. Sean Scooby sounded a bit poofy, yours is Gareth isn't it. Great photo in the Argus mate!!. Where do you work ?, I drive to Ebbw Vale each day still the Scoob makes it a pleasure.

Old 03 March 2003, 04:27 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

lol cheers not one of my best pic,s lol
yeah its gareth, im a coach driver <may have seen the coach outside instead of the scooby sumtime,s>
you mean there,s still jobs in E,vale ??? lol

you coming karting?????
Old 03 March 2003, 04:45 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

When exactly is the karting ?. Is it over the Newport Karting place ?. Could be embarrasing as my son works there part time, he's only 16 but can drive like a demon and has won a few events. If I am available I would love to come I have'nt driven a Kart since we made one in school from lots of tube steel and an old Suzi 50 engine and that was 24 years ago !!. Let me know mate and I will make the effort.
Cheers

Sean
Old 03 March 2003, 04:52 PM
L55 REP
Scooby Regular

see karting thread but its on the 23rd 12noon an its £27-50
Old 03 March 2003, 06:38 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

i pulled into the Subaru dealership in Yeovil. I didnt have my P1 with me but explained i had one and was looking to sell it or maybe p/ex on a new one. The sales rep looked me up and down with a stinking look. He made up some excuse about not having time to talk but perhaps if i called back with the car he could help me. Ok, im 26 and was in my works clothes. Should i have been fobbed off like that ?