FAO Mozza - My Bumpsteer report

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2003, 07:37 PM
Ian Drew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Mozza

I was the guy who was having the bumpsteer removal and 4-wheel laser alignment carried out on my v5 Type R V-Ltd at PowerStation on staurday, and as promised, here is my opinion.

Pros

• High speed stability is massively increased
• High speed cornering is much more stable – the “twitchiness” is gone – I found myself exiting certain corners around 30mph faster – and still pulling
• You can now actually brake in a straight line, no more weaving!!
• The car now turns in stupidly quickly – the front end is soooo much more responsive
• Slow corners are fantastic – you just change down, hold it at 4000rpm, and boot it like a nutter at the apex – no more exiting on the wrong side of the road because the car is under-steering
• Under-steer no longer exists – there were certain corners I drive where, if I was having a “spirited drive” I would have to brake hard and change down to stay on my side of the road – now I just turn the wheel, no need to back off, and you just fly around the corner.

Cons

• Your fuel consumption will drop because you will keep nipping out in your car for no real reason - just to put a smile on your face

Some of the pros probably have something to do with me changing my wheels and tyres the same day, but still, it’s like driving a different car – and all for only £ 140!!!!

Thank you Dirk @ PowerStation;0;0
Old 05 March 2003, 09:22 PM
mozza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like 140 quid well spent Ian !
Probably look to get this done in the summer as I`m
thinking of going onto 18" alloys then.
Keep an eye out for the next mid wales run which I think is
gonna be in April,get the RA out on some proper roads
Cheers Mate
Paul