Notices

Mobile Tax Collectors in Barry

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2005, 08:59 PM
LeighF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mobile Tax Collectors in Barry

For those of you who pass through Barry every now and then beware of mobile camera van, they have just placed "safety" camera signs on the road leading from Romilly Primary School towards Barry town centre, today a camera van was parked up. i stopped to speak to her as there was a car parked up in front and you couldn't see the van markings until you were right on top of it, made worse by fact I didn't know I was speeding or not as I was busy looking outside the car, as you do, she said 33mph would be ok. Who the **** can keep on 30mph constantly without ignoring what is going on outside the car!!!! Only plus point for me is that I entered the road from a side street and no signs up indicating I was entering a camera area, only a sign at each end of the road, so if I was speeding I may be in luck on that front ( if anybody knows this to be true/ untrue please let us all know). One other thing, sticking with Barry, the Gatso on the hill down from Tesco's is now live, it's been up for years but not active but it is now, beware!!
Old 16 March 2005, 11:03 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeighF
For those of you who pass through Barry every now and then beware of mobile camera van, they have just placed "safety" camera signs on the road leading from Romilly Primary School towards Barry town centre, today a camera van was parked up. i stopped to speak to her as there was a car parked up in front and you couldn't see the van markings until you were right on top of it, made worse by fact I didn't know I was speeding or not as I was busy looking outside the car, as you do, she said 33mph would be ok. Who the **** can keep on 30mph constantly without ignoring what is going on outside the car!!!! Only plus point for me is that I entered the road from a side street and no signs up indicating I was entering a camera area, only a sign at each end of the road, so if I was speeding I may be in luck on that front ( if anybody knows this to be true/ untrue please let us all know). One other thing, sticking with Barry, the Gatso on the hill down from Tesco's is now live, it's been up for years but not active but it is now, beware!!
I think you may be out of luck as to lack of camera signs on side road entry, its the round traffic order signs that need to be in place the camera signs are to just give you a warning that cameras might be operating in the area .
If you were doing 33 mph you should be ok as its usually the speed limit + 10% up to 40 you might be ok depending on the camera setting but around these speeds you are taking a chance not worth taking!!!!!
The gatso`s are a problem cos you cant tell if they are working or not unless they have had the burning car tyre treatment its all a matter of being aware of the speed limits and doing your best to stay within them saving your driving pleasure for the quiet places.
after giving you this information i`l proberley get done tomorrow
Old 16 March 2005, 11:07 PM
Scrappydoo2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LeighF
Put a camera in it have they now..? Wondered when they would... also beware the vehicle inspection team that park every now and again in the lay-by by the Cwm Ciddy...
Old 17 March 2005, 05:14 PM
msp1
Scooby Regular

Electrician was at the new camera in the 5 Mile Lane today connecting it up. Seems the left hand hasn't talked to the right, the camera's facing one way and the road markings the other,doh....

Mike
Old 17 March 2005, 10:37 PM
Scrappydoo2003
Scooby Regular

Great.. another one to look out for..
Old 18 March 2005, 01:23 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by msp1
Electrician was at the new camera in the 5 Mile Lane today connecting it up. Seems the left hand hasn't talked to the right, the camera's facing one way and the road markings the other,doh....

Mike
The one on Nantgarw hill can be rotated for up flow or down flow beware.

The one on North Road before the Gabalfa Flyover can be set off as you head towards it. No lines though, phew.